Time Warner Cable - TWC did not send gift card as promised

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met.I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card.Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

125a57a5 review #295696
72 82 Helpful?
Had the same issue35 Comments82
Had an experience with Time Warner Cable?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
Alex

Apr 16 #972789 Dublin, Ohio

Total bs. I received several emails and post cards w reward code. Neither one has worked. I spent at least 30 min twice on the phone. Still do not have it. If you are being promised this card, you should know that you will never get it unless you have no life and willing to spend all your energy to get it. Horrible promotion and customer service

200 no 100

Jan 14 #930979 Mansfield, Ohio

Same thing here promised a 200 dollar gift card called 4 times over 6 months and was told a 100 dollar gift card is going to be sent. What that's not what I was told in the beginning. And apparently the marketing dept has the final say on what the customer gets. If I ever get my gift card I am going to directv

Nov 25, 2014 #906101

I was promised the Dell 2-in-1 tablet also when I signed up, and maintained my account as required. When it was time to get the gift, their chat support walked me through the process to request the card, however only gift cards were available as choices. I inquired about this repeatedly as she told me to click one of the cards. She insisted that I would receive the Dell 2-in-1, and that I could save the chat as proof. Well, I just got a notice that I received something from TWC n my email, and I clicked to open it and just as I feared... $100 dell gift card. This is not what I signed up for. I had wanted to go with another provider, and I chose TWC because of the Dell 2-in-1 offer. The $100 gift card is only good at dell.com and quite frankly there is nothing there $100 or less that interests me. Uggh.

Nov 13, 2014 #899593 Canton, Ohio

Signed up with the promise of a Dell 2-in-1 that I had planned to give to my daughter for Christmas. All I had to do is sign up for service and pay on time for three months. Still have no promo code or laptop. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have been disrespected verbally and as a consumer; support is the worst I have ever experienced.

BigP

Sep 12, 2014 #869351

I was promised the Dell 2-in1 tablet but I haven't even received a promo code. I was supposed to get it in my e-mail yesterday but I haven't received anything. I will get that that laptop!

Candy

Sep 03, 2014 #865148 Clifton Springs, New York

I never received my 300 dollar card for having the signiture plan for three months-pist

magic

Aug 28, 2014 #862789

I can't logon site needs work plus cutting the cord if I don't get the 300 gift card
....only in timewarnercable. .....

mrtaz

Jul 24, 2014 #845431 Elyria, Ohio

I received my 300.00 dollar after multiple times I will give out number if interested

Candy

Sep 03, 2014 #865149 Clifton Springs, New York

I am interested in the number could you please give it to me
Thanks

Nov 13, 2014 #899538 San Antonio, Texas

Please post the number so it can help those who needs it. Thank you.

jbheels

Dec 03, 2014 #910353

I would also like the number, I have the same problem.

annonomous

Mar 30 #965773 Beaver Dam, Kentucky

I was promised a 300.00 card and still haven't got it. if someone reports this maybe they will make good of theyer promeses.

a.lemus0619

Jul 23, 2014 #844902

Wow! I was promised $300 and two Dodger tickets. Was told to pay my bill on time for the 90 days and would receive my rewards card. Yes three months has passed we only get 100, what happen to the rest? I am upset since its been very hard these few months, we are family of four and living on one paycheck. Why will they just lie to you like that... hurtfull monther

shparkee1

Jul 30, 2014 #848616 Los Angeles, California

This happened to us too. No Dodgers tickets or gift card ... a lot of run around and time waisted on the phone... smoke coming out of my ears now.. I can't believe they do this all the time!
N

BC

Jul 23, 2014 #844897

i change current provider for the 300$reward card.followed the rule of payon time and stay with twc for 90 days.anyway after it i just resive 100$. still onehundred is not 300$.im still lookingfoward on hussleing them twc fo my money.

Sarah

Jul 16, 2014 #841584 Middletown, Ohio

I am having the same issue now as well,upgraded to Signature Home got the redemption code in the mail registered it before the 30 day grace period was up, after the 60 day active period was complete, I checked my reward status and it said I was ineligable. I called and talked to several people each telling me that there was no reason I shouldn't get my reward and it must be a glitch and promised I would receive my reward. 8 WEEKS LATER STILL NO REWARD!! Please beware if you upgraded mainly to receive your reward because you may not get it! Scam!!

Joey

Jun 29, 2014 #833667

I see that i am not the only one with this problem now, I never recieved the promo code, had the intelligent home installed, cameras etc. , Totally got beat out of the $200 gift card.
A$$holes

WY

Jun 21, 2014 #830129

I was promised by Time Warner Cable a $200 or $250 reward card (forget the exact amount) for signing up triple play service, and 3 months of active subscription. 5 months went by and I receive no reward card. Called customer service multiple times. The last time the supervisor told me I'm qualified. This is ridiculous. I still have the promotion flyer that clearer mentions the reward card offer. What is the recourse? Maybe a class action suit?

Apr 06, 2014 #802649

I signed up under the time frame where they were offering a $300 gift card. Went through all the hoops and sent all the documents.... received a $50 gift card instead. They get you to switch then ***.

metaball

Mar 31, 2014 #800544

i got an email that my $50 card shipped but it never arrived. repeated attempts to contact TWC & tristarfulfillment.com have resulted in no reply.

1-20 of 82 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Time Warner Cable.
Filing a new complaint about
×