Time Warner Cable - TWC did not send gift card as promised

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met.I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card.Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

More Review Details

Helpful? 90 Yes 90 72 No 72
Had the same issue 53 Yes 53
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 09 #1061030

you guys always have the right to contact the BBB and they will resolve it I know first hand I have had to do it for Verizon

Oct 21 #1051772

same here. they made every type of excuse to say that I didn't cliffy for the 300 gift and then offered me a courtesy credit of $25.

Sep 29 #1040755

I am from LA county California and I switched to Time Warner cable 5 months ago, I still have not received my 300.00 reward gift card. The only unswerving the run around don't know and they said my account is in not good standing, when every bill arrive I paid ahead of due date. I go for the class action law suit against TWC to be able to recover something from this scam.

Sep 20 #1036394

I called and twc said it in the mail
I called them back and they said u are eligible. I still have service I don't like this company

Sep 03 #1029109

I finally received a shipping confirmation that my gift card was mailed out on 9/2/15 so we shall see it has been about 4 months now since service was first installed. They did tell me wait another 4-6 weeks for delivery LOL.. Really if it was mailed USPS then it should be here in days.. Interesting
Keep you all posted

Sep 01 #1028473

I switched to Timewarner two months ago, and ordered a package qualified for $300 gift card. They told me that I should receive the redemption code in two weeks after the installation. More than two months passed, I still have not received anything. I called twice, and was told every time that they will process and send it to me in one week. They lied to customers to get them switched, then doesn't keep,theis promise. Timewarner is running its reputation now.

Aug 24 #1024052

I'm currently having the same problem, it appears to be a scam. They offered me a $100 credit and updated internet speed for 12 months instead of the promised $300 card.

As one we win

Aug 13 #1019054 Los Angeles, California

I have the same problem but I would like for us to do something about it instead of getting together online and complain about it. These companies are taking advantage of us and we need to do something about it. I would like to open a class action law suit against TWC and would like to know how many people would like to join me. I do not mind doing all the work if necessary. Please confirm your commitment in joining me and I'll move it to the next level.

6 0 Reply

Sep 05 #1030068

I am from Queens, NY, joined TWC 4 MONTHS ago, and called about my gift card. They are telling me I do not qualify because I didn't sign up for it. I told th em when I joined TWC that I s signing up for it. They said you post to get something in an email or in the mail with a code to register and provide your previous bill blah blah blah. I said if I knew that I would have. now they're saying you have to keep your bill up to standards for a complete 3 months, I said I have done that. they said I'd still do not qualify. I want to find out is there any way I can complain or then I just came to your site and I would like to participate in this civil lawsuit against them
because this is ridiculous, if you can someone can email me sandieschocolates@gmail.com to contact me on what I need to do to help.

Oct 12 #1047105

I would also like to get involeved was promise a $200 gift card and was just told there is no promotion going on. Please email me karec11pro@yahoo.com

Jun 22 #998274 Houston, Texas

Yep, have experienced the same run around. Every couple months I call and are told that I will be receiving it soon. After one year, never received the 300 Visa card. Time to switch back to Verizon.

Jun 29 #1001363 Los Angeles, California

File a Complaint with the FCC to stop this SCAM:

May 14 #984209

I too went through this amazingly frustrating process: mine lasted for almost a year. "Iris" promised me a $300 gift card one day,after I'd called in to cancel my cable because I simply couldn't afford it any more. I was, however, still choosing to keep my internet and phone. But what Iris failed to mention (and what I didn't know to ask) was that I needed to pay my bill on time for 90 days consecutively in order for the promo to be effective. (Thanks Iris!)
Let's fast forward 6 months. Still no promo, still no gift card- nada. So, I made no less than 10 calls to various reps, supervisors, and ultimately- customer solutions- which is always where you want to take any problem, because they're like the "last resort" people who are willing to do almost anything to keep you as a customer. Here's what I did though. I found out (6 months later) that I needed to be current (in my payments) in order for the promo to be activated- and I was the queen of "6 day extensions"- which kicked out the promo every time. But I was angry because TWC did not disclose that crucial information to me! Therefore, this whole mess is because of TWC's negligence. I was already asking for 6 day extensions every month when Iris offered me the $300 gift card. Any rep could've seen my record right there on the screen. So, I was very upset that I had continued paying $50 per month for my cable- when I had originally called in to cancel it because I couldn't afford it.
Therefore, I felt that TWC not
... Show more

May 05 #980174

I signed up for the TWC intelligent home last year because of the $200 gift card they offered. I followed all requirements and kept the account in good standing since the 1st day, but they haven't sent me the gift card. I called them a lot of times, but they always gave me some ridiculous excuses or just put me on hold for freaking long to hope that I will end the calls. I only have service with them for a few more months, then I will not use TWC service or recommend them with others again. We need to file class action lawsuit with this bs company. In the meantime, I will try to file a complaint on BBB and FCC.

Apr 16 #972789 Dublin, Ohio

Total bs. I received several emails and post cards w reward code. Neither one has worked. I spent at least 30 min twice on the phone. Still do not have it. If you are being promised this card, you should know that you will never get it unless you have no life and willing to spend all your energy to get it. Horrible promotion and customer service

200 no 100

Jan 14 #930979 Mansfield, Ohio

Same thing here promised a 200 dollar gift card called 4 times over 6 months and was told a 100 dollar gift card is going to be sent. What that's not what I was told in the beginning. And apparently the marketing dept has the final say on what the customer gets. If I ever get my gift card I am going to directv

Nov 25, 2014 #906101

I was promised the Dell 2-in-1 tablet also when I signed up, and maintained my account as required. When it was time to get the gift, their chat support walked me through the process to request the card, however only gift cards were available as choices. I inquired about this repeatedly as she told me to click one of the cards. She insisted that I would receive the Dell 2-in-1, and that I could save the chat as proof. Well, I just got a notice that I received something from TWC n my email, and I clicked to open it and just as I feared... $100 dell gift card. This is not what I signed up for. I had wanted to go with another provider, and I chose TWC because of the Dell 2-in-1 offer. The $100 gift card is only good at dell.com and quite frankly there is nothing there $100 or less that interests me. Uggh.

Nov 13, 2014 #899593 Canton, Ohio

Signed up with the promise of a Dell 2-in-1 that I had planned to give to my daughter for Christmas. All I had to do is sign up for service and pay on time for three months. Still have no promo code or laptop. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have been disrespected verbally and as a consumer; support is the worst I have ever experienced.

Sep 12, 2014 #869351

I was promised the Dell 2-in1 tablet but I haven't even received a promo code. I was supposed to get it in my e-mail yesterday but I haven't received anything. I will get that that laptop!

Sep 03, 2014 #865148 Clifton Springs, New York

I never received my 300 dollar card for having the signiture plan for three months-pist

1-20 of 97 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.