Time Warner Cable - TWC did not send gift card as promised

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met.I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card.Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

More Review Details

Helpful? 90 Yes 90 73 No 73
Had the same issue 54 Yes 54
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 21 #1098603

Sounds like a pattern. I had the same experience, I bit on the offer to change from Diretv party on the promise of $300 MC credit. My installer even called TWC at time to verify that i qualified , he said "yes". Four months later I inquire and get a cherry "Sorry you don't qualify " I'm pissed . Can we write Atty General about this false ad campaign?

anchetaarmyjoy05

Dec 07, 2015 #1075238

-Hello. I just received my $300 Visa Reward Card today and I am very happy it arrives earlier than I have expected (didn't wait for 4-6 weeks). I have completed the 90 days and for you to be able to receive the said $300 reward gift card you should receive a redemption code 2 weeks after installing your Time Warner Cable services and register at www.twcbetterreward.com.. You will receive the redemtion code in a postcard and/or email.. Enjoy everyone!!! Advance Merry Christmas!!! ^_________^

anchetaarmyjoy05

Dec 07, 2015 #1075235

Dec 03, 2015 #1073554

I just reported TWC to the FCC. They have been jerking me around for so long regarding the $300 card I was promised. Today I called and they told me that the package was not eligible and I would not be getting the rewards card. I demanded them to pull the phone call where I was offered the $300 and they came up with every excuse under the sun to not do that. I'm fighting this. It's not fair that they offered me $300 to sign up for a bigger package with the company and then ran it away. That's false advertising.

Jan 08 #1091301

I had the same exact issue. They gave me a bogus redemption code at first. After I called and told them it didn't work they said they would send me another which never arrived. Finally when I called again they said the time expired. TOTAL SCAM

Nov 09, 2015 #1061030

you guys always have the right to contact the BBB and they will resolve it I know first hand I have had to do it for Verizon

Oct 21, 2015 #1051772

same here. they made every type of excuse to say that I didn't cliffy for the 300 gift and then offered me a courtesy credit of $25.

JRS

Sep 29, 2015 #1040755

I am from LA county California and I switched to Time Warner cable 5 months ago, I still have not received my 300.00 reward gift card. The only unswerving the run around don't know and they said my account is in not good standing, when every bill arrive I paid ahead of due date. I go for the class action law suit against TWC to be able to recover something from this scam.

Sep 20, 2015 #1036394

I called and twc said it in the mail
I called them back and they said u are eligible. I still have service I don't like this company

Sep 03, 2015 #1029109

I finally received a shipping confirmation that my gift card was mailed out on 9/2/15 so we shall see it has been about 4 months now since service was first installed. They did tell me wait another 4-6 weeks for delivery LOL.. Really if it was mailed USPS then it should be here in days.. Interesting
Keep you all posted

Sep 01, 2015 #1028473

I switched to Timewarner two months ago, and ordered a package qualified for $300 gift card. They told me that I should receive the redemption code in two weeks after the installation. More than two months passed, I still have not received anything. I called twice, and was told every time that they will process and send it to me in one week. They lied to customers to get them switched, then doesn't keep,theis promise. Timewarner is running its reputation now.

Aug 24, 2015 #1024052

I'm currently having the same problem, it appears to be a scam. They offered me a $100 credit and updated internet speed for 12 months instead of the promised $300 card.

As one we win

Aug 13, 2015 #1019054 Los Angeles, California

I have the same problem but I would like for us to do something about it instead of getting together online and complain about it. These companies are taking advantage of us and we need to do something about it. I would like to open a class action law suit against TWC and would like to know how many people would like to join me. I do not mind doing all the work if necessary. Please confirm your commitment in joining me and I'll move it to the next level.

8 0 Reply

Sep 05, 2015 #1030068

I am from Queens, NY, joined TWC 4 MONTHS ago, and called about my gift card. They are telling me I do not qualify because I didn't sign up for it. I told th em when I joined TWC that I s signing up for it. They said you post to get something in an email or in the mail with a code to register and provide your previous bill blah blah blah. I said if I knew that I would have. now they're saying you have to keep your bill up to standards for a complete 3 months, I said I have done that. they said I'd still do not qualify. I want to find out is there any way I can complain or then I just came to your site and I would like to participate in this civil lawsuit against them
because this is ridiculous, if you can someone can email me sandieschocolates@gmail.com to contact me on what I need to do to help.

Oct 12, 2015 #1047105

I would also like to get involeved was promise a $200 gift card and was just told there is no promotion going on. Please email me karec11pro@yahoo.com

Dec 24, 2015 #1083584

There is a class action being created for people who have not received their promised Visa card promotion for switching their cable company to Time Warner. (I am one of them, have had my service for 5 months, given every excuse in the book as to why I do not have it yet)
For more information contact Law Offices of Steven D. Waisbren email - info@waisbrenlaw.com.

Jan 19 #1097703

I would be interested in a class action lawsuit

Jun 22, 2015 #998274 Houston, Texas

Yep, have experienced the same run around. Every couple months I call and are told that I will be receiving it soon. After one year, never received the 300 Visa card. Time to switch back to Verizon.

Dav

Jun 29, 2015 #1001363 Los Angeles, California

File a Complaint with the FCC to stop this SCAM:

May 14, 2015 #984209

I too went through this amazingly frustrating process: mine lasted for almost a year. "Iris" promised me a $300 gift card one day,after I'd called in to cancel my cable because I simply couldn't afford it any more. I was, however, still choosing to keep my internet and phone. But what Iris failed to mention (and what I didn't know to ask) was that I needed to pay my bill on time for 90 days consecutively in order for the promo to be effective. (Thanks Iris!)
Let's fast forward 6 months. Still no promo, still no gift card- nada. So, I made no less than 10 calls to various reps, supervisors, and ultimately- customer solutions- which is always where you want to take any problem, because they're like the "last resort" people who are willing to do almost anything to keep you as a customer. Here's what I did though. I found out (6 months later) that I needed to be current (in my payments) in order for the promo to be activated- and I was the queen of "6 day extensions"- which kicked out the promo every time. But I was angry because TWC did not disclose that crucial information to me! Therefore, this whole mess is because of TWC's negligence. I was already asking for 6 day extensions every month when Iris offered me the $300 gift card. Any rep could've seen my record right there on the screen. So, I was very upset that I had continued paying $50 per month for my cable- when I had originally called in to cancel it because I couldn't afford it.
Therefore, I felt that TWC not
... Show more

1-20 of 104 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.