Time Warner Cable - TWC did not send gift card as promised

Feb 09, 2012
review #295696

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met.I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card.Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

9632feb
Had an experience with Time Warner Cable?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
BigP

Sep 12

I was promised the Dell 2-in1 tablet but I haven't even received a promo code. I was supposed to get it in my e-mail yesterday but I haven't received anything. I will get that that laptop!

magic

Aug 28

I can't logon site needs work plus cutting the cord if I don't get the 300 gift card
....only in timewarnercable. .....

mrtaz

Jul 24 Elyria, Ohio

I received my 300.00 dollar after multiple times I will give out number if interested

a.lemus0619

Jul 23

Wow! I was promised $300 and two Dodger tickets. Was told to pay my bill on time for the 90 days and would receive my rewards card. Yes three months has passed we only get 100, what happen to the rest? I am upset since its been very hard these few months, we are family of four and living on one paycheck. Why will they just lie to you like that... hurtfull monther

shparkee1

Jul 30 Los Angeles, California

This happened to us too. No Dodgers tickets or gift card ... a lot of run around and time waisted on the phone... smoke coming out of my ears now.. I can't believe they do this all the time!
N

BC

Jul 23

i change current provider for the 300$reward card.followed the rule of payon time and stay with twc for 90 days.anyway after it i just resive 100$. still onehundred is not 300$.im still lookingfoward on hussleing them twc fo my money.

Sarah

Jul 16 Middletown, Ohio

I am having the same issue now as well,upgraded to Signature Home got the redemption code in the mail registered it before the 30 day grace period was up, after the 60 day active period was complete, I checked my reward status and it said I was ineligable. I called and talked to several people each telling me that there was no reason I shouldn't get my reward and it must be a glitch and promised I would receive my reward. 8 WEEKS LATER STILL NO REWARD!! Please beware if you upgraded mainly to receive your reward because you may not get it! Scam!!

Joey

Jun 29

I see that i am not the only one with this problem now, I never recieved the promo code, had the intelligent home installed, cameras etc. , Totally got beat out of the $200 gift card.
A$$holes

WY

Jun 21

I was promised by Time Warner Cable a $200 or $250 reward card (forget the exact amount) for signing up triple play service, and 3 months of active subscription. 5 months went by and I receive no reward card. Called customer service multiple times. The last time the supervisor told me I'm qualified. This is ridiculous. I still have the promotion flyer that clearer mentions the reward card offer. What is the recourse? Maybe a class action suit?

Apr 06

I signed up under the time frame where they were offering a $300 gift card. Went through all the hoops and sent all the documents.... received a $50 gift card instead. They get you to switch then ***.

metaball

Mar 31

i got an email that my $50 card shipped but it never arrived. repeated attempts to contact TWC & tristarfulfillment.com have resulted in no reply.

Mar 29

I was offered and "guaranteed" a VISA $150.00 gift card by a TWC agent for programing promotion. They said I was to receive a redemption code in the mail. I would then put the the redemption code into twcbetterreward website. Keep my account 90 days in good standing, and in 4-6 weeks I would receive my gift card. TWC never sent the promo card so I called numerous times referencing my call with agent and her id number. Every agent was telling me my account didn't qualify, but I did speak to a supervisor who said I qualified as he read the programing promotion to me and would pull-up the recorded call. He said he would make a case number and escalate to gift card department. I would be contacted within 5 days by the manager of the gift card department. Giftcard manager never contacted me (1 month), so I contacted them. Dialed and was stuck on automatic hold for 30 minutes, so I said screw it. I called and spoke to a TWC supervisor and demanded they credit my account for 150 dollars or I will file with the FCC and BBB. They put me on hold for 2 minutes, and he apologized and credited my account for 150.00. My word of advice, is be very persistent and keep records of all the agents/supervisors and ticket numbers. Also, ensure the agent notates the account for any gift card promotion they try to offer. You are likely not to receive a gift card in the long run (they use it as bait and hope you forget about it) but if you are very diligent you are entitled to receive... Show more

2 0 Reply
pissedoff

Mar 03 Dallas, Texas

to the lady who said " read the fine print"...When you are given a redemption code and it says you have followed all steps and a reward card will be processed..that should be enough. This is such a scam, but I will not quit until I get what was promised. I have had the exact same as all the other comments. 90 days in good standing, then will be sent out 4-6 weeks later. 3 calls later with wait times up to 45 minutes, 3 on-line chat, all to be told the same thing. Our vendor is the hold-up.. This is a total scam!

Jan

Mar 01 Rumford, Maine

I too signed up for a bundle in October of 2013,and was promised a $200 Visa card. I sent in all of the approiate paper work,and to date, March 1,2014 I have received nothing, except higher monthly charges!! This is a rip off!

nonone

Feb 23 Atlanta, Georgia

No company in their right mind would give anything away free. It's only to get you hooked. Charter had the same thing when I moved into a new house. I wasn't taking the bait, because I knew soon that special price will be jacked. So went with HD TV and internet. If anything, I bet the sales person that you contacted gets it. All you did was help get the sales person a free gift card for taking in another sucker.

bj

Feb 23

I feel like you we promise $500 gift card from time warner cable since nov,2013 here its feb 23 2014 no card i wish someone will sue them never know it may be me.Real sad work have lie to keep there jobs

Feb 05

Been waiting nearly a year for my $300 card. When you call the rewards card #, they give you the runaround too. Time to go back to land line, dialup Internet and rabbit ears

Trish

Jan 30 Corona, California

I am here to let you all know that TWC promised a gift card of 200.00 for switching over my ATT UVerse and Dish TV. 100. per switch, and if I kept my bill in standing order for 3 months, which I did. Now they say I do not qualify? and the same *** I am reading on these comments ring true to the way they have responded to me, being very sorry and understanding and offering a 50.00 gift card. They messed with the wrong girl. I have been ping ponged with Gwen(TWC Manager) ID # 438, Julie(TWC Manager) ID# QJU and Alan, who make promises of getting back and resolving this issue, but now I will call TWC in New York @ 212-364-8200 at the Corporate level and Email the BBB. I will not stop until they rectify this issue with me. Trish a very very unhappy customer

1-20 of 75 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Time Warner Cable.
Filing a new complaint about
×