Time Warner Cable - TWC did not send gift card as promised

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met.I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card.Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

review #295696
72 83 Helpful?
Had the same issue45 Comments87
Had an experience with Time Warner Cable?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 22 #998274 Houston, Texas

Yep, have experienced the same run around. Every couple months I call and are told that I will be receiving it soon. After one year, never received the 300 Visa card. Time to switch back to Verizon.

Dav

Jun 29 #1001363 Los Angeles, California

File a Complaint with the FCC to stop this SCAM:

May 14 #984209

I too went through this amazingly frustrating process: mine lasted for almost a year. "Iris" promised me a $300 gift card one day,after I'd called in to cancel my cable because I simply couldn't afford it any more. I was, however, still choosing to keep my internet and phone. But what Iris failed to mention (and what I didn't know to ask) was that I needed to pay my bill on time for 90 days consecutively in order for the promo to be effective. (Thanks Iris!)
Let's fast forward 6 months. Still no promo, still no gift card- nada. So, I made no less than 10 calls to various reps, supervisors, and ultimately- customer solutions- which is always where you want to take any problem, because they're like the "last resort" people who are willing to do almost anything to keep you as a customer. Here's what I did though. I found out (6 months later) that I needed to be current (in my payments) in order for the promo to be activated- and I was the queen of "6 day extensions"- which kicked out the promo every time. But I was angry because TWC did not disclose that crucial information to me! Therefore, this whole mess is because of TWC's negligence. I was already asking for 6 day extensions every month when Iris offered me the $300 gift card. Any rep could've seen my record right there on the screen. So, I was very upset that I had continued paying $50 per month for my cable- when I had originally called in to cancel it because I couldn't afford it.
Therefore, I felt that TWC not
... Show more

alkoxide

May 05 #980174

I signed up for the TWC intelligent home last year because of the $200 gift card they offered. I followed all requirements and kept the account in good standing since the 1st day, but they haven't sent me the gift card. I called them a lot of times, but they always gave me some ridiculous excuses or just put me on hold for freaking long to hope that I will end the calls. I only have service with them for a few more months, then I will not use TWC service or recommend them with others again. We need to file class action lawsuit with this bs company. In the meantime, I will try to file a complaint on BBB and FCC.

Alex

Apr 16 #972789 Dublin, Ohio

Total bs. I received several emails and post cards w reward code. Neither one has worked. I spent at least 30 min twice on the phone. Still do not have it. If you are being promised this card, you should know that you will never get it unless you have no life and willing to spend all your energy to get it. Horrible promotion and customer service

200 no 100

Jan 14 #930979 Mansfield, Ohio

Same thing here promised a 200 dollar gift card called 4 times over 6 months and was told a 100 dollar gift card is going to be sent. What that's not what I was told in the beginning. And apparently the marketing dept has the final say on what the customer gets. If I ever get my gift card I am going to directv

Nov 25, 2014 #906101

I was promised the Dell 2-in-1 tablet also when I signed up, and maintained my account as required. When it was time to get the gift, their chat support walked me through the process to request the card, however only gift cards were available as choices. I inquired about this repeatedly as she told me to click one of the cards. She insisted that I would receive the Dell 2-in-1, and that I could save the chat as proof. Well, I just got a notice that I received something from TWC n my email, and I clicked to open it and just as I feared... $100 dell gift card. This is not what I signed up for. I had wanted to go with another provider, and I chose TWC because of the Dell 2-in-1 offer. The $100 gift card is only good at dell.com and quite frankly there is nothing there $100 or less that interests me. Uggh.

Nov 13, 2014 #899593 Canton, Ohio

Signed up with the promise of a Dell 2-in-1 that I had planned to give to my daughter for Christmas. All I had to do is sign up for service and pay on time for three months. Still have no promo code or laptop. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have been disrespected verbally and as a consumer; support is the worst I have ever experienced.

BigP

Sep 12, 2014 #869351

I was promised the Dell 2-in1 tablet but I haven't even received a promo code. I was supposed to get it in my e-mail yesterday but I haven't received anything. I will get that that laptop!

Candy

Sep 03, 2014 #865148 Clifton Springs, New York

I never received my 300 dollar card for having the signiture plan for three months-pist

magic

Aug 28, 2014 #862789

I can't logon site needs work plus cutting the cord if I don't get the 300 gift card
....only in timewarnercable. .....

mrtaz

Jul 24, 2014 #845431 Elyria, Ohio

I received my 300.00 dollar after multiple times I will give out number if interested

Candy

Sep 03, 2014 #865149 Clifton Springs, New York

I am interested in the number could you please give it to me
Thanks

Nov 13, 2014 #899538 San Antonio, Texas

Please post the number so it can help those who needs it. Thank you.

jbheels

Dec 03, 2014 #910353

I would also like the number, I have the same problem.

annonomous

Mar 30 #965773 Beaver Dam, Kentucky

I was promised a 300.00 card and still haven't got it. if someone reports this maybe they will make good of theyer promeses.

Jun 02 #990895

please post the number we are having the same problem

a.lemus0619

Jul 23, 2014 #844902

Wow! I was promised $300 and two Dodger tickets. Was told to pay my bill on time for the 90 days and would receive my rewards card. Yes three months has passed we only get 100, what happen to the rest? I am upset since its been very hard these few months, we are family of four and living on one paycheck. Why will they just lie to you like that... hurtfull monther

shparkee1

Jul 30, 2014 #848616 Los Angeles, California

This happened to us too. No Dodgers tickets or gift card ... a lot of run around and time waisted on the phone... smoke coming out of my ears now.. I can't believe they do this all the time!
N

BC

Jul 23, 2014 #844897

i change current provider for the 300$reward card.followed the rule of payon time and stay with twc for 90 days.anyway after it i just resive 100$. still onehundred is not 300$.im still lookingfoward on hussleing them twc fo my money.

1-20 of 87 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.