Time Warner Cable - TWC did not send gift card as promised

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met.I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card.Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

More Review Details

Helpful? 90 Yes 90 73 No 73
Had the same issue 55 Yes 55
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 30 #1136696

I'm down $200 for early termination with direct tv. A whole year has gone by and no rewards card yet.
A class action is on demand... Please let me know if you would like to join me.

Sue

Mar 28 #1135449 Anaheim, California

I was scammed too, 7 months and still have not received my card.

Feb 10 #1109777

Same thing happened to me...
They don't seem to understand there is an inherent conflict of interest. Your account has to be in good standing to be eligible. The conflict of interest is they don't send you a bill putting your account in bad standing when you don't pay. I don't pay bills I don't get! This is just a scam.
I argued this point but was talking to either someone who was incompetent or didn't care. I suppose both. I'm weighing my options. Among the top are a new service provider, Bill McGinty, BBB (which they aren't even accredited), small claims, etc. We'll see. I wouldn't have expected this from TWC.

Jan 21 #1098603

Sounds like a pattern. I had the same experience, I bit on the offer to change from Diretv party on the promise of $300 MC credit. My installer even called TWC at time to verify that i qualified , he said "yes". Four months later I inquire and get a cherry "Sorry you don't qualify " I'm pissed . Can we write Atty General about this false ad campaign?

Mar 30 #1136461 Yuma, Arizona

Same thing happened to me in Feb. I did write the Atty General and the BBB. I think the more people who do write the better. This company needs to be stopped.

anchetaarmyjoy05

Dec 07, 2015 #1075238

-Hello. I just received my $300 Visa Reward Card today and I am very happy it arrives earlier than I have expected (didn't wait for 4-6 weeks). I have completed the 90 days and for you to be able to receive the said $300 reward gift card you should receive a redemption code 2 weeks after installing your Time Warner Cable services and register at www.twcbetterreward.com.. You will receive the redemtion code in a postcard and/or email.. Enjoy everyone!!! Advance Merry Christmas!!! ^_________^

anchetaarmyjoy05

Dec 07, 2015 #1075235

Dec 03, 2015 #1073554

I just reported TWC to the FCC. They have been jerking me around for so long regarding the $300 card I was promised. Today I called and they told me that the package was not eligible and I would not be getting the rewards card. I demanded them to pull the phone call where I was offered the $300 and they came up with every excuse under the sun to not do that. I'm fighting this. It's not fair that they offered me $300 to sign up for a bigger package with the company and then ran it away. That's false advertising.

Jan 08 #1091301

I had the same exact issue. They gave me a bogus redemption code at first. After I called and told them it didn't work they said they would send me another which never arrived. Finally when I called again they said the time expired. TOTAL SCAM

Mar 30 #1136698

Let me know if you decide to fight this. I will join you.

Nov 09, 2015 #1061030

you guys always have the right to contact the BBB and they will resolve it I know first hand I have had to do it for Verizon

Oct 21, 2015 #1051772

same here. they made every type of excuse to say that I didn't cliffy for the 300 gift and then offered me a courtesy credit of $25.

JRS

Sep 29, 2015 #1040755

I am from LA county California and I switched to Time Warner cable 5 months ago, I still have not received my 300.00 reward gift card. The only unswerving the run around don't know and they said my account is in not good standing, when every bill arrive I paid ahead of due date. I go for the class action law suit against TWC to be able to recover something from this scam.

Sep 20, 2015 #1036394

I called and twc said it in the mail
I called them back and they said u are eligible. I still have service I don't like this company

Sep 03, 2015 #1029109

I finally received a shipping confirmation that my gift card was mailed out on 9/2/15 so we shall see it has been about 4 months now since service was first installed. They did tell me wait another 4-6 weeks for delivery LOL.. Really if it was mailed USPS then it should be here in days.. Interesting
Keep you all posted

Sep 01, 2015 #1028473

I switched to Timewarner two months ago, and ordered a package qualified for $300 gift card. They told me that I should receive the redemption code in two weeks after the installation. More than two months passed, I still have not received anything. I called twice, and was told every time that they will process and send it to me in one week. They lied to customers to get them switched, then doesn't keep,theis promise. Timewarner is running its reputation now.

Aug 24, 2015 #1024052

I'm currently having the same problem, it appears to be a scam. They offered me a $100 credit and updated internet speed for 12 months instead of the promised $300 card.

As one we win

Aug 13, 2015 #1019054 Los Angeles, California

I have the same problem but I would like for us to do something about it instead of getting together online and complain about it. These companies are taking advantage of us and we need to do something about it. I would like to open a class action law suit against TWC and would like to know how many people would like to join me. I do not mind doing all the work if necessary. Please confirm your commitment in joining me and I'll move it to the next level.

11 1 Reply

Sep 05, 2015 #1030068

I am from Queens, NY, joined TWC 4 MONTHS ago, and called about my gift card. They are telling me I do not qualify because I didn't sign up for it. I told th em when I joined TWC that I s signing up for it. They said you post to get something in an email or in the mail with a code to register and provide your previous bill blah blah blah. I said if I knew that I would have. now they're saying you have to keep your bill up to standards for a complete 3 months, I said I have done that. they said I'd still do not qualify. I want to find out is there any way I can complain or then I just came to your site and I would like to participate in this civil lawsuit against them
because this is ridiculous, if you can someone can email me sandieschocolates@gmail.com to contact me on what I need to do to help.

Oct 12, 2015 #1047105

I would also like to get involeved was promise a $200 gift card and was just told there is no promotion going on. Please email me karec11pro@yahoo.com

1-20 of 109 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Time Warner Cable. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Time Warner Cable.
Filing a new complaint about
×