Show reviews that mention
service customer service customer internet cable warner phone bill twc services
Filter review

I'm fed up and i'm not taking it anymore!

time warner bundle service has been a nightmare for me since january 19, 2008. i haven't had all three services running since i started. i just found out that they tied the phone service into my renters at&t service. i have had 7 house calls and have spent over 30 hours on ther phone with them. now they're putting the blame on their original contractors they hired. but i still don't have adequate service. this is my 4th day taking off of work for a service call. the supervisor was to be here at 8am. sure

Triple Bundle services are just another way to rip of the consumer. You are consistently overcharged for services a month in advance. I wish you could pay a la carte for cable television channels you really want.

ID
#119696 Review #119696 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cleveland, Ohio
Time Warner Cable Bundle

Time Warner Internet Service

I can truly relate to the previous complaints on Time Warner customer service! Last Wednesday, 4/16 I called because my internet stopped working. They ran diagnostics and found that I had to have a service appointment. Of course, the earliest possible date is Monday, 4/21/08. Someone called me Saturday to confirm that I was still having the internet problem - I said Yes! On 4/21/08 my service appt. is between 1pm - 5pm. I called around 2pm to see when they might be coming. I was then informed that my appointment was Cancelled by the Technican who reported that issue was an outage problem and it has been fixed. However, no one bothered to call and ask. They put me back on the service appt. list for 4/21/08 by now it is 4pm so i have to wait now until 8pm. The technican comes an hour after I get off the phone. He comes and informs me the issue is with my neighborhood - no internet lines working and maintenance have to come fix the lines. Great! I call back later on that evening to see if that was done yet or when it would be done. Customer service has No Idea about what the technician told me. He said he would take all information down and schedulee a maintenance call first thing today. Now it is 4/22/08 Time Warner rep calls me this morning to schedule confirm a service appointment. So then I had to explain to him that it should be a maintenance call not service call. He was suppose to call me back when completed. It is still not done. if this is Not resolved by tomorrow I will be canceling my services. The lack of communication between technican center and call center horrible. I am telling one center what the other told me. It's like being the go between for two arguing kids.
Saint Louis, Missouri

Time Warner spreading cockroaches

On Tuesday, April 15, 2008 a Time Warner representative came to our home to install the digital telephone modem which would also provide our internet service. My husband observed an insect walking on the modem box and asked what it was and the employee seemed dazed and confused. After the installer left, my husband and I saw cockroach after cockroach emerge from the modem. We killed them as quickly as we could. We have never seen roaches in our house before. Our house is free-standing and many yards away from neighbor homes. I called Time Warner insisting that they come to remove the modem. The woman I spoke with insisted that I had to be wrong and that it was impossible for cockroaches to be in the modem. She refused my request that Time Warner come on the following day to remove and replace the offending modem, which housed a swarm of roaches. We wrapped the modem up in plastic and duct tape. On Saturday, April 19, 2008 when the representative came to replace the modem, we had arranged for a witness to be with us. We took the modem to the front porch, removed the plastic bag, and a number of cockroach bodies fell out. The Time Warner worker agreed that modems sometimes came from other people’s homes and were reused. He suggested that the modem may have first been used in a contaminated home or that it was possible that the first installer may have had cockroaches in his truck. In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study. We try to kill them as we can. We would not have had this infestation were it not for the Time Warner modem. Natalie Tyler Columbus, OH

"In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study"

How do you know how old the roaches are? This made me laugh so much...and the description of the employee as "dazed and confused" when confronted with the emerging pest was priceless.

Ok, seriously, I've had a number of issues with Time Warner's modem installers. The employees are rude, hours behind schedule, and the actual internet service is mediocre at best.

One guy flat out refused to wipe his obviously muddy boots before tracking them all over the beige carpet. (I'm not exaggerating, it was pouring outside, his boots were caked with at least 1 inch of mud).

I hope you or an exterminator were able to resolve the problem. Good luck!

"In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study"

I hope you or an exterminator were able to resolve the problem. Good luck!

View more comments (1)
Columbus, Ohio

Warner Cable - Notheast Ohio won't get my internet working

I signed up for Warner Cable Internet service. They installed the modem on March 28th. It did not work. Part of their problem is that their cable repairmen, and their tech service is 2 separate units, which do not work together, and do not know what each one is doing. Since that date, I have had internet service on only 3 1/2 days. April 11th-12th-13th and part of April 14th. I called again today, and the earliest they can send someone to check it out, is April 23rd. Customer Service is almost non-existent, and there is no one to assist me with my complaints. Arnold Kirkbride - Akron, Ohio akandjk@core.com.

Can someone PLEASE tell me why Time Warner is the only cable company in Akron? Something shady is going on around here, because they have a monopoly, often have terrible service, and are constantly raising their prices!

I’ve lived all over the US, and have never been anywhere (but here) where you could not choose from 2-4 cable providers. It’s called healthy competition, and it’s the American way! I moved here 4 years back, but noticed for the past 25 years (when visiting my Mother here) that they were the only cable providers. This reeks of bad business being done behind closed doors, and someone being “paid off!” The county government, and Akron city council need to look into this!

I didn’t just fall off a turnip truck, and I know when something underhanded is happening. This is wrong!

Don't feel bad.... I live in Lorain County, and I have been having problems since 2005.

They advertise a average of 7mbps speed. They have came out and replaced my cable, modem, and the box our front.

Speed still averages around 2.5-3mbps, and this is NOT the speed I am paying for. It seems that when they come out, it's magically fixed for a day, but back to the slow speed soon thereafter.

Since day one Time Warner has lied and missled me. Just about everybody that I have dared to broach the subject with has felt the same.

This MONOPOLY Time Warner has on our video/high speed internet access in the Akron Metropolitan area is never more appearent than when you work through their "customer care" network. They are well trained at deflecting customer complaints off to some no-mans land of endless recorded loops of Time Warner advertising. How many people have been left on hold for hours waiting for a customer service rep?

When you do finally get one they pretty much ignore you if your complaint is something they might have to admit is their error and gove you some kind of credit for...Ill say it again MONOPOLY!!!!!!! ITS AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!

View more comments (2)
Buffalo, New York
Loss

Time-Warners new digital service :-(

Time-Warners new digital service removed the ability to surf through the Guide Page with the FAV button. You use to be able to press GUIDE and then surf through the Guide Page with the FAV button to see what was on. Now, with the new service, as soon as you hit FAV from the Guide Page it changes to the next channel in your Favorite list and closes the Guide Page. This makes it impossible to easily see what's on other channels. Someone in their engineering department wasn't thinking. Their Customer Service Dept. is sympathetic, but I'll bet dollars to donuts nothing changes.
Abilene, Texas
Time Warner Cable Tv Service

Time Warner Cable of Palm Springs Bait & Switch

I was offered a bundled Special by Time Warner Cable in Palm Springs for $80.00/month Cable TV, Telephone and Internet. I accepted the offer and switched to Time Warner. My first bill was for over $200! I called Time Warner on the telephone, sent them emails and mailed them letters all of which fell on deaf ears, no response. I then filed a claim with the BBB and the FCC. The BBB informed me Time Warner never responded to them but they had a very large file on Time Warner complaints. The FCC sent me a letter informing me they were in contact with Time Warner and I should hear from them soon. Two months later Time Warner called me and listened to the bait and switch story but never did anything to fix the problem. Upon doing some research I discovered many class action lawsuits on the internet against Time Warner Cable for bait and switch. I'm no in the process of joining the class action lawsuit. I have canceled my services with Time Warner.
Lisa H

Sam Sabia, Customer Care Advocate, TWC Corporate Office (212-364-8200), Octavio Jaramillo, Executive Assistant to the Office of the President (323- 785-0315) and Karen, a TW Supervisor (310-466-6384) refused to honor the bundled package deal a TW rep offered me for $140/mo. Initially, these TW agents told me that the $140/mo deal would be easy to verify since TW records ALL telephone conversations.

They also said that it was IMPOSSIBLE to lose or destroy those recorded conversations and they would listen to the recording and, if I were right, adjust my bill accordingly. I said, great, then I have nothing to worry about since the recording will certainly corroborate my story! Almost three weeks later, Mr. Sambia, Mr.

Jaramillo & Karen told me that they could not locate the operative recording of my conversation with the agent who made the bundled package deal for $140/MO; and, since they could not locate the recording, I was responsible for paying $279/month!! But, you said it was impossible to lose or destroy the recordings! They did not care! In addition, TW continues to bill me for four DVRs when I only have three!

At all times, Time Warner & its agents and representatives acted dishonestly and unlawfully in their dealings with me.

Not only is TW guilty of this bait and switch but also violations of the RICO Act (along with a host of other violations of law). :cry :cry :cry :cry

Not only is TW guilty of this bait and switch but also violations of the RICO Act (along with a host of other violations of law). I am in Santa Monica, CA!

should have made it clear that I stupidly took Time Warner (because of internet service) in Palm Springs but will switch to Direct TV ASAP. No reason to deal with the cable attitude.

They think everyone here is old and they are WRONG, check the weekend demographic, guys.

Their HD service waves in and out at will because they think no one cares. DON'T subscribe to Time Warner, get any other service you can.

Wow, happy ps resident. Work for Time Warner or what?

They are the worst.

Have had direct tv for years, have them here, and the actual service for television is terrible, plus their customer service is unbelievably bad. Their internet account log in is completely messed up, the techs know it, and the corp won't let them fix it.

YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED TWC AND EXPLAINED THE SITUATION! I my self have had problems with them but they always either correct the problem or fix it..I think some of you people are bitter and never Give Them a chance and jump to conclusions..You should read the Craigslist.org palm Springs Rave and rants going on today about TWC..All the PS Bitter queens are on with time on their hands talking smack!

I my self had a service call today and TWC was the BEST..I gave them 5 Stars..and my Latin Tech was hot to boot! woof

View more comments (4)
Palm Springs, California

I do not speak indian or pakistani language

time warner - S - from on the phone customer service to the contracters that comes to your house to install the service and after they arrive you open the door for them with a cheer they ready to change your appointment and reschudle is #1 in the book and then you try to call customer service and all you get some one in india or pakistan that is where your call travels to can not speak english to help you. thats time warner way of saying - *** you who cares about you as customer put they good at sending your bill before you get your service you asked for and then go again to india where the dead end start again it is like curse of the greedy companies.

That is not true. Time Warner customers are their number one priority.

that is why we have serice centers through the metroplex. i work for a time warner in the dallas area. and we are local.

you must have gotten some number that connected to that place. the number here in dallas, there is only one number.

Beaumont, Texas

Time Warner

has anyone out there ever had a decent experience with time warner? i have never called in to their customoer sevice without being on hold for at least 10 minutes. And am transferred at least 3 times every time I call. I moved in June and it is now January and my bill is still incorrect from the first bill I got in July. They claim no installation fees then slap them on your bill and then you have to call 10 times to get it taken off and they still get it wrong. If there was another option in my town for cable/internet I would take it in a heartbeat. I hate time warner!

Time Warner Cable is Horrible!!! The worst customer service ever, I do not want to speak with someone in Costa Rica who can barely speak english and offers no assistance!!

I'm done with Time Warner and the useless services they offer!! :(

I work for Time Warner. Just want to say sorry for keeping you on hold so long.

As a tip--try not to call on Monday's as they tend to be the busiest of all days.

We're more than happy to help when we talk to you and if you're transferred please try to understand that it is typically for a just cause. Usually only certain departments are empowered to issue credits for installs or apply certain promotional rates or things of that nature.

Another time? Every single time we try to call we are on hold for at least 20 minutes.

I gave up last time and just called the sale dept.

got through right away for that one. I am hate your new scam of "re aligning the channels" If i ever change my service it will cast me 20 dollars more for the same service and channels i have now.

I'm sorry you have to go through that. and it is very unfortunate that you have to wait 10 minutes everytime you call.

remember, there are other callers calling as well as you are. try picking another time of day while calling.

View more comments (3)
Dayton, Ohio
Loss

Magazine Rip-Off

I have been receiving magazines in the mail that I never ordered and still can't recall where and how I've been getting them. I don't read them and have been placing them in a pile and eventually throwing them away. To try and cancel this service as they "sneakingly" charge you for it is not an easy thing to do. I believe their name is TWC magazines. When you do call the toll free number, you get an automated recording to process your request. How special it is that you can't speak with a representative. Beware of this!!!