Casstown, Ohio

My husband and I decided we needed to cut back on our expenses; so, I suggested we downgrade to a smaller cable tv package. When he called (which wasn't the first time), he was asked for a 4-digit code, which we supposedly chose when the account was set up.

We couldn't remember the code. The representative insisted that we give her the code. Finally, he gave me the phone (the acct is in my name). I couldn't remember the code, either.

She put me on hold for several minutes. When she returned, she stated that she was unable to get into my acct (although I gave her the acct # & customer code from my statement), due to there being a "customer type" on my account, and that a supervisor would have to call me back within 72 hours. I asked her what this "customer type" was, but she said she didn't know. I asked her why I needed to wait 72 hours, and she said that that was the protocol.

I told her that was unacceptable, and I wanted to speak with a supervisor now. After some resistance from her, she put me on hold again. After several minutes, she said that all the supervisors were busy, and I would have to wait on hold for 30 minutes. I finally hung up after waiting as long as I could.

In the meantime, my husband went online and got on "chat" with someone named Moses, who eventually told him that he would need to call. I went online to try to resolve this, but I discovered that there is no place on their website where you can click on to downgrade your service; you have to go to "chat". I decided to give it another chance. I waited for at least 1/2 hour to "chat" with someone.

When the representative finally came on, they were typing in what appeared to be Japanese! I told them this, but all I kept getting was Japanese! I asked them what was going on, and they disconnected me. Then a satisfaction survey popped up.

I thought I would be able to show my dissatisfaction through this venue; so, I proceeded to give them the lowest rating (1) for all the responses. Feeling somewhat satisfied, I hit "submit". The next window that popped up stated that there was a timeout error, and if I wanted, I could start over!! Is this the programmed response when they get low ratings?

I felt utterly cheated - not to mention totally exasperated by now, but I decided to call them again. I got the same run-around; they said that there was a "customer type" on my account, which the representative couldn't explain to me, and that I would have to wait 72 hours to get a call back from a supervisor. I told him that I wanted to speak to a supervisor now. After a lot of back and forth and putting me on hold, someone named Jeffrey # 2562407 came on the line.

He was not help, either; so I asked to speak with his supervisor. At first, he said that there was no one higher than him. I tried to get him to explain to me about this "customer type" thing, but he couldn't. After a lot of back and forth, he mentioned that the representative who I had spoken to the first time I called told him that she let me speak with supervisor!

That was a lie! He put me on hold for awhile; then, another person came on identifying himself as Chez, the Lead Supervisor. (I thought there was no one higher than Jeffrey?? Another lie!).

I tried to get him to put himself in my position in order to understand this run-around about the "customer type" on my account. It was like talking to an android. Absolutely no concern for me, nor my situation. When I asked him for the name and address of the President of Time Warner, he informed me that it was on the website.

Really?

I informed him that he just lost a customer, and I would spread the news about their lousy company and customer service. So, here we are.

Review about: Time Warner Cable Tv Package.

Comments