1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I signed up for Spectrum (formerly TWC) to save money on my tv/internet bill due to a job loss in my family. I moved from DirecTV to Spectrum.

The rep assured me $125 a month all in - all the stations you love (we reviewed the ones we watch most frequently), better faster internet and VOIP phone - you must have the VOIP to get the package. Here it is Mother's Day - and I am not getting all the goodies I like - Travel, Spike, etc...so I look at how to boost my stations. I log in and see my first bill = $225!! What?

that is not the $125 promised AND I'm not getting the channels I love. Well, I guess there is a $50 service call fee. Not that I was made aware of that. Which in turn added more taxes and fees.

The other $30 was proration for changing mid-cycle. Plus if you are in Digi Tier 2 that does not include Digi Tier 1 - that is another 20 bones per month - so how does Tier 2 not come with Tier 1??? Something sounds wrong here. So I call customer service - Person 1 - can't waive that service fee - even if you have been our customer with internet service for over 8 years.

So I say - I'll go back to DirecTV - um, now I have transfer you to Solutions since you said you would change providers. OK - off to solutions. Solutions is not a solution - did you know that NO ONE in the company can refund the $50 service fee - NOT A SINGLE PERSON. And the girl was chawing on her lunch while helping me - seriously?!?

Off to her manager - which was the worst experience in customer service I have had - and this one is topping my many calls to TWC. None of the traditional - what can I do to help (you are Solutions after all), it was: you want this, X dollars more. Oh and hey, if you want to argue all night - Rashawn will be more than happy to stay on the "line and argue as long as you want to" but you still can't get resolution to a $50 dollar fee EVEN if you would have wanted to take on the extra $20 to get the shows you want. There is NO ONE who can refund that fee.

Yes - he did say he would argue back with me as long as I wanted to stay on the line and that not a soul could help me with the fee. Now, keep in mind I've not even had this new wonderful service for a whole month yet. Installation was on April 23rd, this is May 14th. I say that's not much of a Solution is it Solution department and his response is well, I'm trying to help you here in retention - I thought this was Solutions?

Where am I calling and who is the next up the chain to talk to me? The answer - I can put in a ticket and a two day turn around is next in line for you customer if anyone calls you back. I say - I guess my solution is to go back to DirecTV since your retention department just lost a brand new customer. I'd cancel my net service too if they weren't a monopoly in my area.

Hate them? To say the least. If you can get service anywhere else I would.

What did I do - I called DirecTV they are reactivating my account with a free month a discount and other bonuses. I'll be bringing in my TWC boxes on Thursday the 18th since they don't come pick them up - oh ya, that is the customers responsibility too.

Product or Service Mentioned: Time Warner Cable Dvr Tv Service.

I didn't like: Bad customer service.

Comments