2.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

CONSTANTLY. WHEN TIME WARNER BECAME SPECTRUM THEY DELETED CHANNELS THAT WE ORIGINALLY HAD FROM OUR ORIGINAL PACKAGES, MEANING WE HAD TO ADD ON MORE COSTLY SERVICES TO GET THE CHANNELS WE HAD WHEN IT WAS TIME WARNER.

WE ARE CHARGED FOR "100 SPEED" YET NONE OF US ACTUALLY GET IT AND WE KEEP SEEING GREAT OFFERS FROM SPECTRUM/TIME WARNER (WHICH IS PART OF CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS NOW) AND WHEN YOU CALL THE COMPANY YOU ARE TOLD "OFFERS ARE ONLY FOR NEW CUSTOMERS".

SO NEW CUSTOMERS GET GREAT OFFERS, OLD LOYAL CUSTOMERS GET NOTHING. MAYBE IF ALL OF US WHO ARE UPSET ABOUT THE ABOVE WROTE TO THE HEAD OF CHARTER, tom.rutledge@chartercom.com THEY WOULD REALIZE THAT THEY SHOULD GIVE BETTER RATES/SERVICE/OFFERS TO OLD LOYAL CUSTOMERS, NOT JUST THE NEW ONES THEY ARE TRYING TO SIGN UP

Product or Service Mentioned: Time Warner Cable Bundle.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Channel selection.

I didn't like: Rate hike, Slow internet, Deleting channels from your package, Special rates only for new customers, No special rates for long time customers.

Comments

rollo2016
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1322802

"Special rates" for new customers is a common marketing practice in the industry. It is meant to lure new customers with a low price and then hoping they continue with them if for no other reason than inertia---people somehow find it difficult to call up and cancel their service even when their rates go up after a year or two.

Charter merged with TWC and as a result the service of both has suffered, eg., Charter email, now Spectrum is terribly inefficient and badly-designed. As for the 100mbs you are supposed to get---Charter probably says something like "up to" 100mbs. In my area, at least their cable internet is just fine and does the job with few outages altho it does not approach 100mbs either. I dropped Charter cable TV a few years ago and now just have the internet with which I use for Amazon Prime, Netflix, Roku box, etc.

and happily watch any and all TV/movies we could possibly want. Why pay for cable TV channels you don't watch?

New York, New York, United States #1322801

The AG of New York found Spectrum was ripping customers off when claiming they can provide Internet speeds they know they cannot achieve. I wrote to the AG of NY Office about my low Internet speeds when I read about their findings.

The AG promptly notified Spectrum of my complaint and the results were swift - 3 visits by techs to replace wiring throughout my building and a credit on my bill for 6 months of payments I made for the faster speed they couldn't provide. Call Spectrum and tell them you know about the New York AG's finding that Spectrum LIES and that you will take them to Small Claims Court or beyond !