1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

We had work done on the TWC wiring in our house- at their initiation and at no cost to us.On the next monthly bill we were charged $59.99 for an upgrade which we did not receive and an additional outlet which was not installed.

When I called on Jan. 31, 2017 about it, I was told it was an error and would be taken on the bill and not charged to the credit card that we have on file. But the credit card was charged the $59.99. I called immediately on Feb.

7th and asked for a credit to the credit card. I did not want to pay an extra $59.99 and wait until the next month for the credit. We are on a fixed income and could not afford the extra expense and did not want to pay interest charges if we did not pay in full. This was a foreign concept to the representative.

After 30 minutes, I was told I would receive a credit in 3 to 5 business days. Those days passed and on Feb. 17th I called as the credit had not appeared on the card. I was told the same thing.

I explained that we could not afford the $59.99 payment and wanted a credit- just like returning an item to a store only we never had even purchased this item. Another 30+ minutes only to be told this rep could only refund up to $40 and he had to escalate it. Eventually he said that he had issues the payment reversal and in 3 to 5 business days it would appear on the credit card. On Feb.

25th I called again and explained the situation with my reference numbers, etc and asked to speak to a manager or supervisor. I went over the entire scenario again and asked repeatedly to speak to someone higher up the chain of command. No dice. I said my husband was 81 years old and we were on a fixed income and could pay the $59.99 erroneous charge or buy medicine this month.

We did not want to pay an interest charge on the card if we did not pay in full. I wanted a credit- not a foreign concept. I was told it was credited on my March bill. I said that was not what I had been told on 2 prior occasions and that it did not solve the problem.

He then said they would have to refund the entire amount of the bill--this made no sense as I just wanted the incorrect amount refunded. Eventually he said he had escalated it and we would get a credit in 3 to 5 business days. I chuckled. A few moments later we were cut off.

I didn't call back. So they have charged an incorrect amount for no apparent reason. No telling how many other customers don't even notice and they get away with it.

They could charge me $1000 extra and not give a credit.Totally unacceptable.

I didn't like: Three representatives lying to me.

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1294720

You should never allow TWC or anyone to automatically charge your credit card---or worse, a debit card---for the reason you are complaining.When a company has your card info, they can and do charge erroneously quite often.

You, then have to try and fix the problem. In the case of TWC, change to having them send you a monthly statement in the mail and then pay it by check. Also, at this point, you need to contact your card company and dispute the charge. This will cost TWC a "dispute fee" of something like $25 but that's their problem, not yours.

Disputing the charge will allow you to NOT pay the erroneous charge until the matter is resolved. This is what the dispute process is for. TWC is not known for good customer service and who knows whether they will actually issue a refund.

Do the dispute now.Card companies are open 7 days a week and if you monitor your credit card online, you can probably dispute it online also.

to h.kitchener #1294795