5.1K views

Update by user Oct 18, 2012

As of today October 17th, nothing has been done by TWC to address the problem of re-booting the cable box.Each time I call they say turn in the box and get another.

A total run around.

This problem as you can see is happening all over the country.Sad to say they seem to be uninterested in correcting the problem.

Original review posted by user Sep 17, 2012

For about 2 or 3 months, I've had to reboot my cable box because when I use the remote it won't turn on, even when I press the power button on the box, it still won't......it works for 2 or 3 days, then I have to reboot again. I've tried 2 different boxes....(samsung and cisco) and get the same with both boxes. I live in Manhattan and have friends who don't live near me who have the same problem.......it has to be in their system.......any others here who live in Manhattan who have experienced the same problem?

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments

Killeen Texas I have traded in boxes from Cisco. to Samsung and now Explorer...all three of them freeze up and I have to reboot.. Spectrum people act like its an unusual problem but now I see across the country everyone has the problem, and the darn Explorer box is not even as good as the Samsung was.

My cable box worked perfectly fine until Spectrum took over and it has been a total nightmare since !! I'm fed up and switching to satellite!!

I'm in Greensboro, NC and just got TWC because my apartment complex has some contract with them. For the past month I've had to reboot almost daily.

I live in Raleigh, NC.I have to reboot daily to get the system to operate....Then it doesn't fwd or rwd or record well.

I've had three boxes.

Last time I scheduled an appointment for a tech. I took off from work for a 1-2pm slot.

At 2:30 I called and they gave me a hum-haw.I hung up on them and have continued to reboot.

As of 2015 the problem still continues, as usual TWC is on top of it. Lol

North Providence, Rhode Island, United States #996593

Everyone should boycott this company and put them out of business.

Its sad I pay over $200.00 a month just for basic cable and can't watch a single program without it messing up.over 2 years . I think its time for satalite TV.

Harlingen, Texas, United States #963609

I have had the same problem going on 4 months now. They have come and switched all my boxes (3 of them) and it is still freezing after an hour...maybe 1 1/2 hours. It is annoying and I feel that if I have to pay the amount I pay then all my boxes should be working at all times.

They are saying its due to bad refurbished boxes. But not sure.

#720427

We cannot watch an hour of television without having an issue, we have had techs come out about 8 times in ten months, their equipment and service leaves a lot to be desired.The techs are cool but the phone reps are rude, and hard to understand...

the motto they use "enjoy better," is disgusting. What a crock of ***.

Total loser company Only reason we have them is because we are not allowed satellite within our condo complex...i want to move just to get rid of this trash company.