Most helpful review

TWC did not send gift card as promised

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met. I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times. The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card. Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card. Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

I'm down $200 for early termination with direct tv. A whole year has gone by and no rewards card yet.

A class action is on demand... Please let me know if you would like to join me.

I was scammed too, 7 months and still have not received my card.

Same thing happened to me...

They don't seem to understand there is an inherent conflict of interest. Your account has to be in good standing to be eligible.

The conflict of interest is they don't send you a bill putting your account in bad standing when you don't pay. I don't pay bills I don't get! This is just a scam.

I argued this point but was talking to either someone who was incompetent or didn't care.

I suppose both. I'm weighing my options. Among the top are a new service provider, Bill McGinty, BBB (which they aren't even accredited), small claims, etc. We'll see.

I wouldn't have expected this from TWC.

Sounds like a pattern. I had the same experience, I bit on the offer to change from Diretv party on the promise of $300 MC credit.

My installer even called TWC at time to verify that i qualified , he said "yes".

Four months later I inquire and get a cherry "Sorry you don't qualify " I'm pissed . Can we write Atty General about this false ad campaign?

@PissedConsumer1098603

Same thing happened to me in Feb. I did write the Atty General and the BBB.

I think the more people who do write the better. This company needs to be stopped.

-Hello. I just received my $300 Visa Reward Card today and I am very happy it arrives earlier than I have expected (didn't wait for 4-6 weeks).

I have completed the 90 days and for you to be able to receive the said $300 reward gift card you should receive a redemption code 2 weeks after installing your Time Warner Cable services and register at www.twcbetterreward.com.. You will receive the redemtion code in a postcard and/or email.. Enjoy everyone!!!

Advance Merry Christmas!!! ^_________^

#1196388
@Rosellen Lcb

Question: How long after they shipped it out did it take for you to receive it??

I'm asking because mine was shipped out today and I want to know when I should be expecting it, I'm trying to take my son school shopping.

Advance Merry Christmas!!! ^_________^

I just reported TWC to the FCC. They have been jerking me around for so long regarding the $300 card I was promised.

Today I called and they told me that the package was not eligible and I would not be getting the rewards card. I demanded them to pull the phone call where I was offered the $300 and they came up with every excuse under the sun to not do that. I'm fighting this.

It's not fair that they offered me $300 to sign up for a bigger package with the company and then ran it away. That's false advertising.

@PissedConsumer1073554

I had the same exact issue. They gave me a bogus redemption code at first.

After I called and told them it didn't work they said they would send me another which never arrived.

Finally when I called again they said the time expired. TOTAL SCAM

View more comments (110)
Westmont, Illinois

Poor service/staffing

I waited for 30 minutes to return a cable box before I left. Only one person was on the sales floor while others were in the back.
ID
#2802034 Review #2802034 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
I do not want anything. I am just reporting your poor service at the spectrum store in easton.

Verified Reviewer

Now Spectrum is making me recover surgery on leg that might need to be amputated with no service TV or internet and they just did not care to find out why my bill got so high.

Time Warner/Spectrum: I am sending this letter to you for one reason and I mean one reason. That is that Spectrum needs to understand what this means, (Customer Service) I have been honest speaking to billing to explain why my bill went so high. And all I got from Spectrum is they are sorry and understand what has happen to me, I asked if I can get the cheapest TV service and the slowest internet plus turn in my DVR and save money and use what I save to start paying the bill. but I was told in a chat window with Spectrum my service will be shut down on 11/14/2020 but on 11/10/2020 they turned everything off. And after speaking to someone in billing and telling them it was supposed to be turned off on the 14th all I got from them is well someone told me the wrong thing. Does Spectrum understand why my bill got so high? Not at all, and to add to the problem at hand I was told my account is locked and there is nothing they can do to help. I want to say thank you for causing a serious surgery coming on 11/25/2020 The are operating on my left leg to see if they can fix the blood flow to leg, or on this day if they cant fix it, they are operating on my left and if the blood flow cant be fixed they will amputate it. This happen to me from being born a diabetic and dealing with this disease now for 64 years. Do you realize the stress of trying to recover without having TV or Internet service? But all other bills of mine understood and helped me work on my bills, but not Spectrum. This is the reasons for my bill getting so high that Spectrum did not care at all: On 01/02/2020 I got in mail that my Social Security Check got a cost of living raise. I was supposed to get $1,122.00 each month but when I investigated my checking on 01/02/2020 to see the $1,122 was in my account I was shocked to see only $349. And so, I contacted the Social Security Office immediately and told them what happen. Two days after being told they will investigate it I got a call from them saying they found the error that caused this to happen. And they started to fix the issue. But Spectrum DID NOT understand it when I told them the Social Security office told me this error and take 3-4 months to fix, but during this time the Covid19 hit the area and it ended up taking 8 months to get fixed. What happen with Social Security also affected my food stamps, I was supposed to get $199. A month but I was only getting $9. A month. Does Spectrum realize how hard it is fore me being a diabetes since I was born and now living with this disease for 65 years. I spoke to a tech, in a chat window about can Spectrum put me on the smallest TV plan and the slowest internet service and the money I would save I can use it to pay back Spectrum, well they refused to do this too. I even went as far as contacting my uncle who is the main manager and investigator with the Better Business Bureau. And my uncle suggested I contact Spectrum and explain in detail what happen with my Social Security income. And if they do not care to help to contact him and he would see what he can do. I told this too to Spectrum billing, and they told me so go ahead and contact your uncle, and we would tell him the same thing. I also got in touch with a Senator here in Albany, NY who is a family member. But I do not want to cause any more stress that I am already dealing with, with Spectrum. This apartment complex I live in many tenants told me to put an ad in the newspaper about what Spectrum has done to me knowing why these issues happen. But again, I do not care to be that mean. I do wish Spectrum would understand this. An extremely hurt and upset X customer of Time Warner/Spectrum Account # 62847**** Security Code 9331 Jessica Lyn Tedesco 115 Krumkill Road Apartment 702 Albany NY 12208 Home 518-599-**** Email>;;;;;;;;;;;;;; jeslynted1956@***.com He da a
ID
Pros
  • When it was time warner it was good they had a heart
Cons
  • Very poor customer service
Preferred solution
Instead of not having any service while I recover from this surgery they could of allowed me to pay this bill like I mentioned above, You know I did contact my uncle who is a manager with the Better Business Bureau and he told me explain to Spectrum

Remote issues

Ive been trying to get a new remote for the past year. Most of the buttons dont work. Ive tried over the months, I had been very busy and every time I called they told me no problem, we will send it. It never came. I had to hold my account because I had left the city because of covid and when I called back they finally told me that my code was wrong. It was a temp number and so I changed it. I also told them that I had temp changed my address and to send the remote there. That was never entered and a shipping ticket said it was going to the address I wasnt at. I called back and since its on hold they could do nothing for me. Spending some of this time researching other companies to use. They suck!

User's recommendation: Don’t use them.

ID
Cons
  • Did not do as promised
  • Incompetance
  • False promise
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

The Best