1.6
Coverage Area

I recently read that Time Warner Cable was one of the most popular multi-service companies in the US. Why is that?

Have we no better options? Clearly. I have spent the past 1 hour and 47 minutes (and counting) on the phone with Time Warner's "customer service" line. Where has that gotten me?

Approximately nowhere. I was overcharged $140 on this month's bill with no notable reason why. Naturally, I made a phone call to the company sure that this was a minor mistake and would be an easy fix. After being transferred multiple times to multiple departments within the company, I received no answers as to why I was being overcharged.

The second person I spoke with (it had been 50 minutes at this point) wrapped up our conversation with "let me transfer you to billing". I calmly asked why it was that I had been speaking with anyone but billing throughout the entirety of each conversation as billing is the department that I originally requested (obviously) and received no other answers than "I don't know, let me transfer you". One customer service representative went as far as to boldly say "I can lower your bill by rebundling your package and add in a phone line to put you at $109 a month". Because this was lower than what I am currently paying, and I was frustrated at how much time I had already spent trying to get answers concerning my bill to no avail, I agreed to this seeming deal.

After putting me on hold for another few minutes, the same customer service representative came back on the line only to tell me that the lowest possible price that she could offer me was $155 per month (which is notably higher than what I am paying). For the second or third time, I requested to speak with a supervisor or manager. Instead, she continued to attempt to "explain" to me my bill even though I had explained to her that I had a copy of my bill sitting directly in front of me and the information she was providing me was nothing different than what I already had a tangible copy of. I was finally transferred to another customer service representative who yet again provided no answers (said verbatim, "I don't know where these extra charges are coming from").

At this time I adamantly requested to speak with a manager.

The response I received was "let me transfer you to billing". Upon being transferred to billing, as far as I know, I have now been on hold for 15 minutes and counting.

Product or Service Mentioned: Time Warner Cable Phone Service.

Reason of review: overcharged by hundreds of dollars, reasoning not provided.

Comments

We're you able to get through to a supervisor? Has the issue been moved to a resolution?

If you are still having issues with your billing, our Social Media Team can assist.

We can be reached on Twitter @TWC_Help, through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/twc/?fref=ts), or through email at TWCable.Help@twcable.com

I work in that department, and we'd be happy to assist.

^DK