Let's see where do I start?I called Time Warner cable to come install cable at my house on Monday.

I have had the internet though them for 4 years with little problems. The guy came to install the cable and during installation the breaker kept tripping for the bathroom lights and everything on the wall where he installed the cable box. The cable worked for 20 minutes after he left. Then the back of the box started sparking and smoking.

It melted the HDMI cable at the back of the box and fried my TV. I called Time Warner and the installer. The installer said everything checked fine but I needed to buy a new TV for him to hook a new box up.... Wait the TV worked fine till you touched it.

Needless to say I went out and bought a $300 TV and he installed it. I called Time Warner and reported it and they said it takes 3-5 business days to get a call from a supervisor. It is now Thursday and no call. So what would have happened if my house burned down?

Would I have to wait for a supervisor to call in 3-5 days? This is unacceptable customer service and I'm wishing I never had their cable. Even after a Facebook rant to them their best comment was "if you don't get called by the 5th day call us so we can find out why".

It took them 24 hrs to come out to install it but 3-5 days to get a issue talked about...Not a happy customer and would not recommend them!

Coverage Area
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.