4K views

I have been told for months that the DVR box is not working correctly because of some guide issues. So I asked for a new box...they said it wouldn't help the problem.

I also asked about getting a new box based on the information below, since I am able to record approximately 15 hrs of HD.

Question: How many hours of programs can I record with a DVR?

Answer: A Time Warner Cable HD-DVR set-top box can record up to 80 hours of Standard Definition programming and up to 35 hours of HD programming.

I was told that I could not order a new box, that it was the luck of the draw. They could not send a technician with the improved DVR box...I have used their service for over 7 yrs...I am pissed off. Why can't I order the new box? Why can't I record all programs that I have series recordings setup?

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments

Garland, Texas, United States #928760

I got a new dvr from TW because my old one began losing features, not working right.They gave me something called a Q GUIDE or maybe G GUIDE box.

Anyway, I only have 6 hours recorded on it, and it's at 12% full. so doing the math, it will only hold 50 hours. The other one, my old one, would hold about 120 hours. I'm having them replace the box.

I'm told there are 4 different boxes. I'm going to be sure the next one records at least 100 hours or not taking it.

The lowest priced TIVO will record 500 hours and is about $199, plus you can keep whatever recordings you want. Or for $399 and up you can get double that hours and keep a lot of stuff.

I'd like the bigger one but may get the cheaper one just to get out from under this mess.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

I'm pissed off TWC dvr box also.Dvr box freezes up 1 to 5 times daily having to b reboted.

Sometime I have to reboot my dvr box 3 times in less then 30mins.

I got twc back in fall 2009 n it started messing up in the summer of 2012 n it has been getting worst ever since.:( :(

Time Warner is screwing up the software for their DVR boxes.They keep changing the software, and creating new problems.

I press the fast forward to skip a commercial, and sometimes the commercial is over before the DVR speeds up, then sometimes half the program will run by in fast forward before the DVR responds to the normal command. Sometimes it takes 10 or 15 seconds to turn the power off.

Hardware and electrical problems do not come and go and change symptoms.I changed 3 remotes and two boxes before I figured out the problems are caused by incompetence at T/W headquarters.

to Jerry Carter Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #760098

I agree, and could almost write a book!I spoke to one of the techs this morning, who did seem more concerned than usual.

Another thing is that they try a fix, and call for a survey 5 minutes later. Some problems are not hard failure, so it may take a while to see if it's fixed.

We thought they were checking our line just to find out hours later that we had been accidentally disconnected!

We did watched some DVRd shows, but they never mentioned that option.Sad

he cable guys responding on here are WRONG. I am sure they are simply repeating the company mantra. It is RIDICULOUS to say that, after thousands of reports of faulty box operation, this is 95% of the time something other than the box. Seriously? You are going to tell me that my house is improperly wired? That I have the wrong surge protector? That I am "using" the box incorrectly? Let's be real.

I have been through several DVRs- about 2/year on two different TVs since around 2009. I have been told all manner of BS about why they fail, but never an admission that these are simply unreliable and inherently faulty for whatever reason.

The facts are that I have spectacularly new-fangled wiring in my house, I have high quality surge protectors, and I am smart enough (trust me- WAY smarter than any cable guy I have ever met) to know how to follow instructions and push buttons.

And yet, my DVR freezes, pixilates, skips, fails to record, records random shows I did not set, and every 6 months or so just poops out, losing all the TV shows I have recorded to watch "at my convenience."

I have had it with TWC and their DVR scam. Now I tell them I no longer want the *** DVR and they say my bill will go up. The CSR suggested that I keep the box, but just don't use it so that I can still have the "special" pricing.

Really? This is just unacceptable and something needs to be done about it. It is not right for a company to sell a service and...

Furthermore, if I need special home wiring or additional equipment, this should be disclosed before buying the service. If my cable is improperly wired (hidden splitter or whatever) then the one to blame is TWC, as they are the ones who did it originally and have since "checked" my cable numerous times.

I have had four different SA boxes in two weeks!They all had bad hard drives.

I'm told by the local office that TW rents the boxes...doesn't own them.

I'm so frustrated with their handing out bad boxes.:( :(

I live in an area that will intermittantly lose power for just a second.This will cause issues with your cable boxes.

(Channel unavailable, DVR will not record properly etc etc.)

All that has been needed is unplug the box for 10 seconds and let it reboot.(aprox 5 min) after that everything has been find again.

I've had it with Time Warner!I'm switching to Windstream.

Digital cable with HD. High speed internet and unlimited phone. Time Warner= 163.99 a month. Windstream= 94.99 for practically the same thing.

(HD is FREE!)

Even if I end up with the same problems as with Time Warner, It's less expensive.

(and that price is FOR LIFE!) No constant raises in price.

Anyone want to come with me?:)

I have been trying for at least 8 months to get my wife a dvr recorder box for our bedroom. When I call the order line they say I need to contact customer service who then sends me to the sales office, when I try to go on line to order this service it is difficult to even get into my time warner account. Has anyone else gone through this dance?