2.9K views

Yesterday I received a collections notice from NCO Financial Systems inc, informing me that I owed Time Warner $60.45. After reading through the legal mumble jumble I figured out that I had not returned my cable modem.

I had recently moved and had forgotten all about it. However I never recieved notice from Time Warner that this was outstanding, just a collection notice from their agent. I return the modem and discover they actually owned me $48.99, however since they had turned this over to collection 53 days from the time I terminated the service and no notification that I had to return the modem. They are now going to charge an addition $17.00 for the collection agent and won't return the balance for 4 to 6 weeks.

How do I turn them into a collection agent...I guess I can't so I guess their *** poor customer service once again has lost a customer forever!!! Trust me forever!

Review about: Time Warner Cable Internet Service.

Comments

Arizona City, Arizona, United States #766600

Time Warner Cable turns you into collections BEFORE sending you your final bill and they will admit this!

Can't get any clearer than that.So any comments about mis-spellings and deadbeats not paying your bills are clearly a Time Warner representative trying to create a smoke screen on the subject.

Time Warner Cable... BAD

Time Warner Cable has done the same thing to many people, there are many reports on the internet about this. Even if you return the modem on time, It is there policy and standard business practice to bill you is you can not prove it.

If you don't get a receipt, you will be stuck with the bill, on top of that, even if you prove you turns it in on time and it is there mistake, it still ends up on YOUR credit report. And no, it does not go off your credit report in 30 days like they state it will.

I've got one better. Back in June 2012, some clown got ahold of my SSN and got TWC service.

Apparently, they felt like all of you and dropped the service, getting Dish Network, IN MY NAME, 2 months later. They did not return their equipment and had an overdule bill.

In January, I get a collection notice from some company, almost 2 months AFTER they put a collection notice on my credit report. Now they want me to provide them with a copy of my drivers license, social security, 6 months of utility bills, and a copy of a police report.

....at leasts the skanks are paying the Dish Network bill.

Time warner sent me to collection for a balance that they owned me, It was so aggravating, and yes they never even contacted me they just sent me to collection, now I found the receipt that they actually owed me what they were claiming I owed them.

What do I do now?

I wish I could sue!

That's so not fair that they get to mess up our credit and our peace of mind at their leisure and nothing! nothing! happens to them.

And yes they lost another customer forever!

Reality, you first need to learn how to spell. Secondly, most people end up in collections that should not be. That's not the problem.

If people ignore their bill, then yeah send them to collections and don't complain. Unfortunately, just as many people end up in collections for Time Warner due to a mistake on their part. It's wrong, it sucks, and they are losing customers.

They have lost me.

Time Warner is horrible. After messing up my payment so many times, and having dispute $25 insufficient fee transactions (when I did have money in my account!!!) I had it with them and cancelled.

It took a month for them to send me the final bill. A few days later, I rec'd a collections notice from them. It doesn't make sense. One person tells me they give 80 days to pay, another says 89, another says 90.

No matter how you spin it, they're wrong.

How can you only give me a few days to send me to collections, and not give me any notice. At least then, I would've know there was a mix-up!!

I moved to a new house had to return my modem got new one payed 150$ for new roughter and extender with my internet it came to 200$ 3 weeks later my internet gets cut off I call and they tell me to call collections I'm like wtf! I never been put in collections they told me someone with sake last name as me lived their and so they passed the dept to me!!

And with out warning u guys cut me off!!! You thief's!!!!!!

I love how everyone complains that their debt or unreturned equipment is somehow Time Warner's fault and not there own. I guess that's society these days -- no personal responsibly.

to Reality #830840

Wrong form of "there"... Learn to spell

to Reality Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States #938686

You are a fool or a TWC employee.

The point was there was no notice sent...A little customer service goes a long ways...Especially when you send bill collectors after someone. A little customer service goes a long ways in my book.

If you have none you don't get my business and I will warned as many people of your customer service. You want to hear another company I would not do business with Samsung...They have slow *** poor customer service just as bad as Time Warner.

So its Time Warner's fault that they didnt sent you a reminder because you are forgetful? :?

Today, i received a phone call from a collections agency stating i had owed Time/Warner cable $ 971.00 for equipment, not returned. Attempting to see if this collection agency is legit or ultimately fraud. never used Time/Warner cable before.

Do not get service with TW cable! I've been so frustrated in this whole ordeal!

I did not know that I was in collections until I printed out my credit report. The hassle of being transferred left and right with customer reps, trying to resolve the issue of returning the wireless router when I moved.

They are actually trying to charge me for a modem I never got from them. We didn't want their lame equipment so we kept our old modem.

They won't give me the serial number of the modem they have on file either which, if I have it, wouldn't I already know it anyway. Why the secret? I don't know what to do about it.

I have no rights? It sucks!

#195309

Almost the same situation with me. I didn't return a modem, expressly asked them to bill me for it because I couldn't find it, and they sent me to collections with no notice.

What's more, I am still a customer, and they contact me bi-weekly to sell me some new service. They couldn't contact me about the *** modem?

I freaking hate TW Cable. Screwed up my credit.

Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States #177045

I agree samething happen to me. But I purchased the cable modem, but they still sent me a collections notice as well w/o me knowing.

I explained that I purchased the modem and didn't rent it. But they want proof.

I'm like that was like 8 months ago, I'm not going to keep reciept for that long. Never again TimeWarnerCable.