1.6

I'm posting my story for small business consumers, who do not need anything more than 10MBS (email, file transfer, most basic streaming), to consider other options before going with Spectrum.I paid my Spectrum bill with my with my Business AMEX, I have confirmation numbers from Spectrum as well as confirmation texts and emails from AMEX which I was more than happy to show!

I came into my office this morning and no internet, but my modem shows connection. Called office they said there's a billing issue and I owed 270.00 (176.89 past due two months). I explained they charged my AMEX, but didn't argue figuring i would sort out what went wrong later and paid with my credit card. Rep then tells me they will reconnect for 199.00 PER MONTH!!!

Asked to speak with a supervisor and ended up with someone from residential who said my promotional rate was no longer valid!! After inquiring how they can charge me more than double what I was paying, and almost quadruple than their competitors, she could not give me an answer other than stating I needed to talk to someone from business and none of them where available. I told them to have them call me with an answer or come get their equipment (they installed their hotspot on my ceiling). I then called Hawaiian Telecom.

Hawaiian Tel charges $39 for 11mb service. Free install from Hawaiian Tel as well as no contract! Spectrum charged me 99.00 to install my service and 89.00 a month for 60MBS. Yes, because of old copper wiring, the speed is slower than Spectrum, but, I'm using it for just business for myself and a few employees, not gaming.

UPDATE: Apparently there is only one business manager on the island who can call me back, and I was told by Bert, since I was disco'd (how professional), I can only be charged the standard rate of 199.00. Also, I can be upgraded to 100MBS from 60MBS for the same rate. I told Bert to come and pick up their equipment. SAD...

If you just need basic DSL internet go with Hawaiian Tel to show Spectrum they are not the only game in town! I think I'll invest the $700.00 a year I'm saving on my own business, and not line the greedy pockets of Spectrum!

One more thing, I'm not perfect, I've paid my home cable bill late when business was slow, and didn't complain if I was hit with a $9 or $19 late fee (I can't remember).But double?

Review about: Time Warner Cable Internet Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Internet service was fine.

I didn't like: Lack of solutions suggestions, Follow up, Cavalier attitude, Customer service, Feeling like bait and switched over a mutual billing problem.

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments