On Tuesday, April 15, 2008 a Time Warner representative came to our home to install the digital telephone modem which would also provide our internet service.

My husband observed an insect walking on the modem box and asked what it was and the employee seemed dazed and confused.

After the installer left, my husband and I saw cockroach after cockroach emerge from the modem. We killed them as quickly as we could.

We have never seen roaches in our house before. Our house is free-standing and many yards away from neighbor homes.

I called Time Warner insisting that they come to remove the modem. The woman I spoke with insisted that I had to be wrong and that it was impossible for cockroaches to be in the modem. She refused my request that Time Warner come on the following day to remove and replace the offending modem, which housed a swarm of roaches.

We wrapped the modem up in plastic and duct tape.

On Saturday, April 19, 2008 when the representative came to replace the modem, we had arranged for a witness to be with us.

We took the modem to the front porch, removed the plastic bag, and a number of cockroach bodies fell out. The Time Warner worker agreed that modems sometimes came from other people’s homes and were reused. He suggested that the modem may have first been used in a contaminated home or that it was possible that the first installer may have had cockroaches in his truck.

In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study. We try to kill them as we can. We would not have had this infestation were it not for the Time Warner modem.

Natalie Tyler

Columbus, OH

Review about: Time Warner Cable Internet Service.

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments

Enschede, Overijssel, Netherlands #14644

"In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study"

How do you know how old the roaches are? This made me laugh so much...and the description of the employee as "dazed and confused" when confronted with the emerging pest was priceless.

Ok, seriously, I've had a number of issues with Time Warner's modem installers. The employees are rude, hours behind schedule, and the actual internet service is mediocre at best.

One guy flat out refused to wipe his obviously muddy boots before tracking them all over the beige carpet. (I'm not exaggerating, it was pouring outside, his boots were caked with at least 1 inch of mud).

I hope you or an exterminator were able to resolve the problem. Good luck!

Enschede, Overijssel, Netherlands #14642

"In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study"

I hope you or an exterminator were able to resolve the problem. Good luck!