5.1K views

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met. I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card. Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

Comments

I'm down $200 for early termination with direct tv. A whole year has gone by and no rewards card yet.

A class action is on demand... Please let me know if you would like to join me.

Anaheim, California, United States #1135449

I was scammed too, 7 months and still have not received my card.

Same thing happened to me...

They don't seem to understand there is an inherent conflict of interest. Your account has to be in good standing to be eligible.

The conflict of interest is they don't send you a bill putting your account in bad standing when you don't pay. I don't pay bills I don't get! This is just a scam.

I argued this point but was talking to either someone who was incompetent or didn't care.

I suppose both. I'm weighing my options. Among the top are a new service provider, Bill McGinty, BBB (which they aren't even accredited), small claims, etc. We'll see.

I wouldn't have expected this from TWC.

Sounds like a pattern. I had the same experience, I bit on the offer to change from Diretv party on the promise of $300 MC credit.

My installer even called TWC at time to verify that i qualified , he said "yes".

Four months later I inquire and get a cherry "Sorry you don't qualify " I'm pissed . Can we write Atty General about this false ad campaign?

to Anonymous Yuma, Arizona, United States #1136461

Same thing happened to me in Feb. I did write the Atty General and the BBB.

I think the more people who do write the better. This company needs to be stopped.

anchetaarmyjoy05

-Hello. I just received my $300 Visa Reward Card today and I am very happy it arrives earlier than I have expected (didn't wait for 4-6 weeks).

I have completed the 90 days and for you to be able to receive the said $300 reward gift card you should receive a redemption code 2 weeks after installing your Time Warner Cable services and register at www.twcbetterreward.com.. You will receive the redemtion code in a postcard and/or email.. Enjoy everyone!!!

Advance Merry Christmas!!! ^_________^

to anchetaarmyjoy05 San Diego, California, United States #1196388

Question: How long after they shipped it out did it take for you to receive it??

I'm asking because mine was shipped out today and I want to know when I should be expecting it, I'm trying to take my son school shopping.

anchetaarmyjoy05

Advance Merry Christmas!!! ^_________^

I just reported TWC to the FCC. They have been jerking me around for so long regarding the $300 card I was promised.

Today I called and they told me that the package was not eligible and I would not be getting the rewards card. I demanded them to pull the phone call where I was offered the $300 and they came up with every excuse under the sun to not do that. I'm fighting this.

It's not fair that they offered me $300 to sign up for a bigger package with the company and then ran it away. That's false advertising.

to Anonymous #1091301

I had the same exact issue. They gave me a bogus redemption code at first.

After I called and told them it didn't work they said they would send me another which never arrived.

Finally when I called again they said the time expired. TOTAL SCAM

to Anonymous #1136698

Let me know if you decide to fight this. I will join you.

you guys always have the right to contact the BBB and they will resolve it I know first hand I have had to do it for Verizon

same here. they made every type of excuse to say that I didn't cliffy for the 300 gift and then offered me a courtesy credit of $25.

I am from LA county California and I switched to Time Warner cable 5 months ago, I still have not received my 300.00 reward gift card. The only unswerving the run around don't know and they said my account is in not good standing, when every bill arrive I paid ahead of due date. I go for the class action law suit against TWC to be able to recover something from this scam.

I called and twc said it in the mail

I called them back and they said u are eligible. I still have service I don't like this company

I finally received a shipping confirmation that my gift card was mailed out on 9/2/15 so we shall see it has been about 4 months now since service was first installed. They did tell me wait another 4-6 weeks for delivery LOL..

Really if it was mailed USPS then it should be here in days.. Interesting

Keep you all posted

to Anonymous San Diego, California, United States #1196393

Have you received your card?? If so how many days after the shipping date?? I'm waiting for mine

I switched to Timewarner two months ago, and ordered a package qualified for $300 gift card. They told me that I should receive the redemption code in two weeks after the installation.

More than two months passed, I still have not received anything. I called twice, and was told every time that they will process and send it to me in one week.

They lied to customers to get them switched, then doesn't keep,theis promise. Timewarner is running its reputation now.

I'm currently having the same problem, it appears to be a scam. They offered me a $100 credit and updated internet speed for 12 months instead of the promised $300 card.

Los Angeles, California, United States #1019054

I have the same problem but I would like for us to do something about it instead of getting together online and complain about it. These companies are taking advantage of us and we need to do something about it.

I would like to open a class action law suit against TWC and would like to know how many people would like to join me.

I do not mind doing all the work if necessary. Please confirm your commitment in joining me and I'll move it to the next level.