5K views

I switched to TWC 6 months ago with the promise of a $200 gift card if all criteria were met.I followed the instructions, mailed the necessary documents, waited the 90 days, then waited another 90 days and called multiple times.

The individuals I talked to always told me that would "elevate" the problem and have a solution in 2 or 3 days. Still have no solution and no gift card.

Sounds like a scam to keep you hooked up to TWC waiting for this imaginary Gift Card.Always very polite and condesending about understanding "my" problem, but never sent the gift card which would end the problem.

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments

I'm down $200 for early termination with direct tv. A whole year has gone by and no rewards card yet.

A class action is on demand... Please let me know if you would like to join me.

Anaheim, California, United States #1135449

I was scammed too, 7 months and still have not received my card.

Same thing happened to me...

They don't seem to understand there is an inherent conflict of interest.Your account has to be in good standing to be eligible.

The conflict of interest is they don't send you a bill putting your account in bad standing when you don't pay. I don't pay bills I don't get! This is just a scam.

I argued this point but was talking to either someone who was incompetent or didn't care.

I suppose both. I'm weighing my options. Among the top are a new service provider, Bill McGinty, BBB (which they aren't even accredited), small claims, etc. We'll see.

I wouldn't have expected this from TWC.

Sounds like a pattern.I had the same experience, I bit on the offer to change from Diretv party on the promise of $300 MC credit.

My installer even called TWC at time to verify that i qualified , he said "yes".

Four months later I inquire and get a cherry "Sorry you don't qualify " I'm pissed .Can we write Atty General about this false ad campaign?

to Anonymous Yuma, Arizona, United States #1136461

Same thing happened to me in Feb.I did write the Atty General and the BBB.

I think the more people who do write the better.This company needs to be stopped.

anchetaarmyjoy05

-Hello.I just received my $300 Visa Reward Card today and I am very happy it arrives earlier than I have expected (didn't wait for 4-6 weeks).

I have completed the 90 days and for you to be able to receive the said $300 reward gift card you should receive a redemption code 2 weeks after installing your Time Warner Cable services and register at www.twcbetterreward.com.. You will receive the redemtion code in a postcard and/or email.. Enjoy everyone!!!

Advance Merry Christmas!!!^_________^

to anchetaarmyjoy05 San Diego, California, United States #1196388

Question: How long after they shipped it out did it take for you to receive it??

I'm asking because mine was shipped out today and I want to know when I should be expecting it, I'm trying to take my son school shopping.

anchetaarmyjoy05

Advance Merry Christmas!!!^_________^

I just reported TWC to the FCC.They have been jerking me around for so long regarding the $300 card I was promised.

Today I called and they told me that the package was not eligible and I would not be getting the rewards card. I demanded them to pull the phone call where I was offered the $300 and they came up with every excuse under the sun to not do that. I'm fighting this.

It's not fair that they offered me $300 to sign up for a bigger package with the company and then ran it away.That's false advertising.

to Anonymous #1091301

I had the same exact issue.They gave me a bogus redemption code at first.

After I called and told them it didn't work they said they would send me another which never arrived.

Finally when I called again they said the time expired.TOTAL SCAM