Coverage Area
Style and Design

Where to begin.

After logging 15 phone calls to TWC/Spectrum to get internet/tv service at my residence I now find myself in the probably not so unique predicament of dropping the tv portion of their service. Should be easy, right? WRONG. My journey started with me wanting to cancel tv service and ended with me abruptly ending the call because TWC/Specturm does not respect their customers. In a nutshell:

TWC Starter TV with 200mb Internet. I asked to drop the TV portion and stick with the Internet portion. To which the sales rep does their dance and spin to ask me why I want to disconnect. Don't bother sonny. This is call number three to disconnect because the first two calls produced reps that wanted to more than DOUBLE the cost of my service to get a few extra channels. Not interested; so TWC/Spectrum, this is me dropping your TV service, oh but that can't be done. No, the rep instead asks me questions on usage and # of devices that we use for internet. Why? What does that have to do with anything. Well, because he tells us we have two choices when dropping TV, 100mb or 300mb internet because that's all that Spectrum offers. Well if I'm legacy TWC, then why would I factor into a Spectrum plan? And why was it pointed out in my two previous calls when they wanted to charge me more than double that I was a TWC customer and could NOT switch to a Spectrum plan. So my choices are to not drop TV, pay more for 300mb internet or get penalized and be dropped down to 100mb internet for the same price I'm paying for 200mb and starter TV. It's CRIMINAL? How do you get away with doing this to people. It's like taking your girlfriend out on a date to a good restaurant, and then telling her if she wants to stay with you, your going to take her to a crummy restaurant or else she'll have to pay the bill if she wants to go to a fancy restaurant! Ludicrous. I'll be writing that registered letter to the CEO tonight and hope and pray he has more sense then his front line staff.

This reviewer shared experience about "too many issues to count!" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $1000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Time Warner Cable. The most disappointing about time warner cable bundle from Time Warner Cable was worst customer service i have ever experienced and being lied to , but reviewer liked no contracts. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Time Warner Cable.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Time Warner Cable to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments

Shuggy1110

Yup!I am in Wisconsin and have the same identical issues.

When I worked for Time Warner as a sub contractor, these guys were golden, the best company I did business with. On the other hand, as a consumer/ customer it's been a night mare. My bill went from $150.00 per month to $180.00 per month. It was at this point I finally convinced my lady-friend to go to ROKU.

It was an easy install and life is good. I no longer shovel money to Time Warner every month. I'll never ever go back to Time Warner. The tons of advertising they send to us is ridiculous...mind boggling.

There is a learning curve with ROKU, the more you play with it the more you will like it. ROKU has tons of channels and after 30 days if you don't want to continue, you can get a refund, money back guarantee. It's a stress relief to get rid of Time Warner, believe me. I still have the phone and internet through Time Warner until the over-build comes in.

A competitor will soon be available, and I can finally say good buy Time Warner, once and for all and I will be at peace with the world at last.

I can find my "center" and serenity will return.Best of luck to you...go go ROKU.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1340841

I have been with Time Warner for over 10 or 15 years.I do not use pay per view.

My bills are never constant and go anywhere from $150.00 up. The beginning of June 2017, the service went out for 5 hours, about two weeks later the service went out for 15 hours.

I was smart enough to call and get credit for all those hours.I am writing this to warn other customers, that if you do not call, credit will NOT be given to you.