I had been using time warner cable since November 2003.I am moving and cancelled my service in early November.
I returned all of my equipment at their store so it could be disconnected. They deleted my account info. The account had been on automatic payment and they didn't charge the last payment but then sent a bill in the mail for the entire month, which was paid. The account was supposedly settled.
Without warning or permission an independent contractor of Time Warner Cable called Makotek came to my door unannounced to pick up equipment I do not have while I was not home and left a note which threatens reconnection charges. Time Warner Cable is incredibly unprofessional. While trying to call them I was disconnects more than 5 times and they told me they showed me having a box and gave me a ticket number saying someone would call me back. I have no box.
They are in error. That should have been settled by notifying me prior when I cancelled my service and dropped the other box off or in a bill. Sending somebody to my door to try to intimidate me or threaten me with charges for a service I have no access to months after the account was supposedly settled is a scam.
Time Warner Cable was told I was moving and their actions seems more like they have someone trying to case my house for a robbery, coming to the door unannounced and leaving a tag with no date which looks very sketchy.I will never sign up for Time Warner Cable again, and I am going to warn everybody that I know about how shady and crooked they are.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- When it worked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Other issue
- Preferred solution:
- Get their act together, officially close the account, send a bill for the equipment they lost if they must so we can fight it. The next Time Warner person coming to my door unannounced I will have arrested.
- Product or service
- Time Warner Cable Bundle
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My internet went out. They sent someone to fix it. He ran a big black cable wire from my ceiling, down my wall to an outlet. After he..."
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "I purchased tickets online and I was unable to return the tickets 1 hour before the show started. The website had an error and it did not allow me to..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."