Time Warner Cable - Unethical Harrassment

18 of 1278 Time Warner Cable reviews

I had been using time warner cable since November 2003.I am moving and cancelled my service in early November.

I returned all of my equipment at their store so it could be disconnected. They deleted my account info. The account had been on automatic payment and they didn't charge the last payment but then sent a bill in the mail for the entire month, which was paid. The account was supposedly settled.

Without warning or permission an independent contractor of Time Warner Cable called Makotek came to my door unannounced to pick up equipment I do not have while I was not home and left a note which threatens reconnection charges. Time Warner Cable is incredibly unprofessional. While trying to call them I was disconnects more than 5 times and they told me they showed me having a box and gave me a ticket number saying someone would call me back. I have no box.

They are in error. That should have been settled by notifying me prior when I cancelled my service and dropped the other box off or in a bill. Sending somebody to my door to try to intimidate me or threaten me with charges for a service I have no access to months after the account was supposedly settled is a scam.

Time Warner Cable was told I was moving and their actions seems more like they have someone trying to case my house for a robbery, coming to the door unannounced and leaving a tag with no date which looks very sketchy.I will never sign up for Time Warner Cable again, and I am going to warn everybody that I know about how shady and crooked they are.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Unethical

Reason of review:
Other issue
Preferred solution:
Get their act together, officially close the account, send a bill for the equipment they lost if they must so we can fight it. The next Time Warner person coming to my door unannounced I will have arrested.
Product or service
Time Warner Cable Bundle
Review category
Telecommunications
review #989152

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Time Warner Cable? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
18 of 1278 Time Warner Cable reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Time Warner Cable. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Time Warner Cable.
Filing a new complaint about
×