For anyone interested, Below is a chat-log I had today for a credit of 20.95 to my account. There are not many companies that I want to complain about, but Time Warner is certainly one.

It makes for an amusing read if you are anyone but me.

Nash>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey to rate my assistance. My name is Nash.

Nash>Hello, Cory.

Cory_>hi

Nash>I apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing, as your Internet is not working as per your satisfaction.

Nash>Please give me a moment while I get your account details in front of me to help you resolve this concern.

Cory_>ok, thank you.

Nash>You're welcome.

Nash>Thank you for your patience.

Nash>As a part of troubleshooting, could you please confirm if you are at your home currently?

Cory_>My pleasure. Less time and waiting than on the phone... haha

Cory_>I am at home.

Nash>Thank you for the confirmation.

Nash>I would request you to reset your modem, please follow these steps:

1) Unplug the power cord for 30 seconds.

2) Plug the power cord back in and wait for the cable modem to Synch up. A "˜Ready/Cable' or "˜Online' light will display solid when the modem has returned to its normal operating state.

Cory_>before I do this, you know that I have done this multiple times with multiple service tech's, right?

Nash>I understand.

Nash>I completely understand your situation, Cory.

Nash>I would need to perform these troubleshooting steps to help you restore your Internet Services.

Nash>Also, you needn't worry about the chat disconnection. You would be directly connected back to me once your Internet is working again.

Cory_>Right. Ok then. I will unplug the router and modem both in just a moment. Be back in a few.

Cory_>And I'm back.

Nash>Welcome Back.

Nash>Could you please perform the speed test and tell me the results by clicking on this link?

Nash>http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/speed-test.html

Cory_>Not yet. Something in it is malfunctioning. After choosing a city, it does not show me a button for Start test.

Cory_>Now its given me a latency error.

Nash>I apologize for that.

Nash>We have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps possible remotely.

Nash>I would need to transfer this chat to our next level technical support who would be able to help you resolve this technical error for latency.

Cory_>In my log, there should be a record of individuals coming out to help regarding this matter. I have already exhausted Time Warner in trying to resolve this matter. The service tech's that came out here threw their hands up in the air and chalked it up to a number of things, but could not fix the problem. No one has tried to resolve it since then and certainly has not contacted me about it.

Cory_>I don't know why you would trying to again fix the problem when we have already been down that avenue.

Nash>I completely understand your situation, Cory.

Nash>I can understand how frustrating this is for you, and I would have felt the same if I were in the same situation.

Nash>I wish I could help you with the technical error; however, in my department, I don't have any more tools and resources to help you with this error.

Nash>I assure you that our next level support would be the best department with all the resources to help you resolve your concern in the best effective manner.

Cory_>Ok, then. Thank you very much for your support.

Nash>You're welcome.

Nash>We value your time and appreciate your patience.

Nash>You have been a wonderful customer.

Nash>It was entirely my pleasure and thank you for understanding my limitations.

Nash>Please stay connected to the chat while I get it transfer to the correct department.

Cory_>Ok. Thanks very much.

Nash>You're welcome.

Nash>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Analyst has left the room. Your problem is being escalated to another analyst

Antione>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Sarah. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

Cory_>Thanks.

Antione>You're welcome.

Antione>Thank you for your patience. I am checking that for you.

Antione>Cory, I can credit your amount for the days, you were facing problem with internet.

Cory_>I am still facing this problem and have never had upload speeds near what we have been quoted.

Cory_>To reiterate, this is an ongoing problem.

Antione>I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Antione>Cory, as of now, I can only credit your amount for the days you were faced problem with internet.

Cory_>Thank you. Then should I continue to report this every month to be credited?

Antione>Cory, I can see that you've extreme internet on your account. May I know the speeds you are currently getting?

Cory_>roughly 26 Mbps download and never more than 1.8 upload.

Antione>I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Antione>Please be online while I transfer the chat to the next level of assistance.

Antione>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

JEFFERY COHEN>Hello! Thank you for choosing Road Runner Internet Technical Chat Support. My name is Jeffery Cohen. I will help you.

Cory_>Thank you.

JEFFERY COHEN>You are welcome.

JEFFERY COHEN>I am going through the details of your question and account information.

Cory_>Ok. Thanks very much.

JEFFERY COHEN>Please provide me with the phone number on your account.

Cory_>9257883630

JEFFERY COHEN>http://www.timewarnercable.com/socal/learn/hso/speedtest.html

Cory_>There is still a latency error when attempting the test.

JEFFERY COHEN>Please go ahead with the speed test from the above link and provide me with the results.

Cory_>I cannot complete this.

JEFFERY COHEN>What is the browser you are using right now?

Cory_>Google Chrome.

JEFFERY COHEN>I will resend the signal to your modem. This will improve the connection.Which will strengthen the singnals to cable modem.

We may lose connection for a while, please do not close the chat window.

Cory_>I can use a different city and it works, actually. Desert city gave me a completed result. Los Angeles gives me a latency error.

JEFFERY COHEN>Alright.

Cory_>I am in Los Angeles but have selected Desert Cities.

Cory_>Ping is 12ms, D/L is 30.05Mbps and U/L is 1.82.

Cory_>For reference, I have never seen upload speeds any higher than this. This is very typical.

Cory_>Download might be a little higher than normal, but still falls in that range.

JEFFERY COHEN>Alright.

JEFFERY COHEN>You can go ahead with the :http://speedtest.net/

Cory_>Ping is 15ms, D/L is 27.86 and U/L is 1.82

Cory_>For server: Los Angeles, Atlantic Metro.

JEFFERY COHEN>http://www.timewarnercable.com/socal/learn/hso/speedtest.html

Cory_>For the Los Angeles server selection, there is still a "Latency Test Error"

Cory_>FYI, that was the same test as the first.

JEFFERY COHEN>Can try in any other browser?

JEFFERY COHEN>Like internet explorer or fire fox.

Cory_>Same result in IE and I don't use firefox nor have it installed.

Cory_>I don't understand what the problem is. I've given you results from other servers as well as speedtest.net

Cory_>to be clear, IE has the latency test error.

JEFFERY COHEN>The server which you are trying is not getting the results which means the might an issue with this . Can you try after some.

Cory_>The results are consistently varied for download speeds. I have seen them anywhere from 22 to 32Mbps. normally around the 26-28 range.

Cory_>I have monitored this closely for over 2 months now.

Cory_>not yet 2 months*

Cory_>upload speed is consistent around 1.8 and varies from 1.67 to 1.82.

Cory_>Has never exceeded this range. I have had tech's come out and they have verified this, but have not corrected the problem and don't know what the problem is.

Analyst has left the room. Your problem is being escalated to another analyst

Andre>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Andre.

Cory_>Hi Andre. I was abruptly disconnected from the previous representative.

Andre>Hello Cory, I apologize on his behalf.

Andre>I can see that you use your own modem for Internet, in order to receive high speeds from Time Warner Cable it is recommended that you use compatible modem.

Cory_>Service tech's that have been to the residence have said this modem was not the issue and have not attempted to correct the issue by swapping the modem.

Andre>Just to confirm, was the technician from Time Warner Cable?

Cory_>Of course.

Andre>Please give me a moment while I check that for you.

Cory_>Thank you. FYI, you are the 4th representative I've now had to talk to. I would really appreciate some resolution to the issue.

Andre>I apologize for the inconvenience you had to face.

Cory_>*4th representative today.

Andre>I understand.

Andre>I can see that this issue has already tried to troubleshoot.

Andre>In this case I'll not be able to help you with this and I'll have to transfer this chat to our technical department.

Andre>I apologize for the inconvenience Cory.

Andre>You can also call at 1-888-TW-Cable in order to get this issue resolved.

Andre>Please be online while I transfer this chat to our technical department, please be assured I'll make a note on your account so that this issue can be resolved as quickly as possible.

Cory_>Thank you for your assistance. At this point, I think what I need is a reduction in my monthly bill as this problem has been attempted to be resolved numerous times.

Andre>I understand.

Andre>You're welcome.

Andre>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Maria Smith>Hello! Thank you for choosing Road Runner Internet Technical Chat Support. My name is Maria Smith. I will help you.

Maria Smith>I will help you with this.

Maria Smith>Give me 2 minutes while I check your details

Cory_>Hi Maria. You are now the 5th representative that I have spoken with.

Cory_>*today.

Maria Smith>Okay.

Maria Smith>No worries , you have reached the right support now .

Cory_>Man, I do hope you are right.

Cory_>Regardless, thank you for your time and assistance.

Maria Smith>You are welcome

Maria Smith>Give me 2 minutes while I check your details

Maria Smith>I appreciate your patience.

Maria Smith>Let us do few basic diagnostic steps to improve your speeds.

Cory_>OK.

Maria Smith>Is that Okay?

Maria Smith>Click on Start Windows logo button.

Click on Run (Search).

Type %temp%

select all files and delete

Cory_>OK. All but 8 files were deleted.

Maria Smith>Alright.

Maria Smith>Do you see a Ethernet cable connected to your modem and computer?

Cory_>Sure. FYI, the cable is run to the modem, which has an ethernet plug to the router, which is plugged into my computer.

Maria Smith>Please remove that and swap both the ends. Connect it back.

Cory_>Do you mean to have a direct connection to the modem?

Maria Smith>The cable from your Modem to your Router. Also you can do the same thing with the cable from modem to your Computer.

Maria Smith>You will loose this chat for a while. Please do not close the chat window. We will be connected once you are back.

Cory_>Ok, give me a few.

Cory_>Swapped.

Maria Smith>Sure.

Maria Smith>Alright.

Maria Smith>I will do some diagnostic steps from my end. Please stay connected.

Cory_>modem and router are reset as per your command (prompt)

Maria Smith>I have successfully resend the signals to your modem.

Maria Smith>Please check whether you are able to browse all the websites.

Maria Smith>I will also provide you with a speed test link.

Cory_>All sites seem fine.

Maria Smith>Please click on the link and Let me know the results.

Maria Smith>http://www.timewarnercable.com/socal/learn/hso/speedtest.html

Cory_>Los Angeles has still come back with a latency error test. Desert cities has come back with results.

Maria Smith>Okay.

Cory_>ping: 11ms

Cory_>d/l 29.83Mbps

Cory_>u/l is 1.81Mbps

Maria Smith>Perfect!

Maria Smith>You are getting good speeds according to your Internet plan.

Cory_>good download speeeds.

Cory_>Check the upload again.l

Maria Smith>:)

Maria Smith>Sure.

Maria Smith>You need to get more Upload speeds.

Cory_>Lol, yup. This has been the problem consistently from the start.

Maria Smith>No worries, as we have reset your modem , you will get that speeds. Please check your modem after few hours as it will take some time to get refreshed.

Cory_>No it will not.

Maria Smith>Please check with the speeds again.

Cory_>I have been through this song and dance numerous times before.

Cory_>I have had tech's out here to diagnose the problem without success.

Cory_>I have been on the phone for hours.

Cory_>No one can figure it out and they all give up and say similar things to you.

Cory_>I have spent over 8 hours over the course of 2 months trying to get this resolved

Maria Smith>So the main reason is your Upload speeds , am I right?

Cory_>1.82Mbps is the max upload I have ever seen. What I am asking for is a price break from what you are charging me because I am not getting the speeds I have paid for.

Cory_>The download speed is not consistent, but that is normal for cable internet. The upload speed, as you say, is my main concern.

Maria Smith>Alright.

Maria Smith>Cory, we have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps at this level.

Maria Smith>As the issue still persists.

Maria Smith>In this case I will escalate this case to the higher technical support department, I will create a case and provide you the case number and the phone number to call the higher technical support department.

Maria Smith>Let the technician check with your line once more.

Maria Smith>Please give me few minutes while I do that.

Cory_>Sure.

Maria Smith>Regarding your billing , I will transfer your chat to that department after I provide you with the information. You can go ahead and discuss about your billing.

Cory_>Ok, thank you.

Maria Smith>You are welcome

Maria Smith>I have created a case for you, the case number is 11719895, please call the higher tehchnical deaprtment on (888-892-2253) and refer the case number, they will help you further with the issue you are facing with the Upload speeds.

Maria Smith>There is a concerned department for your query regarding billing, please stay connected I will transfer your chat to that department.

Maria Smith>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Gregory>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Gregory. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

Gregory>Thank you for being online.

Gregory>I understand that you're not getting the speeds which you should receive.

Gregory>I'll be happy to assist you with your concern regarding the internet speeds.

Gregory>Please allow me a moment while I work upon the issue you're facing.

Gregory>Thank you.

Gregory>Thank you for being online.

Gregory>As I can see on your account, you have Extreme internet which give you speed up to 30 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up.

Cory_>correct.

Gregory>http://www.timewarnercable.com/socal/learn/hso/speedtest.html

Gregory>Please use the above link to check what is the exact speed you're getting.

Cory_>This link has been thrown at me probably 8 times today between 6 representatives. Los Angeles server has a latency error. It did before, it still does.

Cory_>Desert cities is 19.43Mbps d/l, 11ms ping and 1.82 u/l

Gregory>I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Gregory>To assist you better, I need to transfer your chat to our next level of service.

Gregory>Please be online while I transfer your chat.

Gregory>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Lou Marcus>Hello! Thank you for choosing Road Runner Internet Technical Chat Support. My name is Lou Marcus, I will help you!

Cory_>I sure hope so (I've said this before) because you are my 7th representative today.

Cory_>This has been a truly horrendous experience.

Lou Marcus>I will be glad to help you.

Lou Marcus>You are experiencing slow speeds, right?

Cory_>Correct. All I want is a price break from what I am paying. I am not seeing the speeds I am paying for, therefore I do not think it is fair to pay the price asked of me.

Lou Marcus>That would bother me too. Let's work together to fix this.

Cory_>An earlier representative said that she would credit the account but instead escalated the problem

Lou Marcus>http://www.timewarnercable.com/socal/learn/hso/speedtest.html

Lou Marcus>Check the speeds with this speed test link.

Lou Marcus>The link I provided you with, is the standard link from the TWC for the particular region

Using TWC website for speed test is authentic as it is based on twc server. If you use third party speed test link, it has to cross over various servers and provides inaccurate speed test results.

Cory_>Los Angeles has a latency test error.

Cory_>Desert Cities can connect and I get 26.15 Mbps, 9ms ping and 1.80 upload.

Lou Marcus>Check the speeds and let's perform some trouble shooting steps.

Cory_>If you read the chat log above (if you have access to it) I've given this read like 10 times already.

Lou Marcus>Okay.

Lou Marcus>I see that you are in Extreme plan, right?

Cory_>Correct.

Lou Marcus>Currently we are experiencing technical glitch. How many devices do you connect to Internet?

Cory_>Through the wireless router (and including it), 11-ish

Lou Marcus>To isolate the problem, I recommend you to connect the computer directly to cable modem and check the speeds.

Cory_>I have done this numerous times. Speeds remain the same.

Lou Marcus>Perform Ping test and provide me with the results.

Cory_>Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:UsersCory>ping google.com

Pinging google.com [74.125.224.233] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 74.125.224.233: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=54

Reply from 74.125.224.233: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=54

Reply from 74.125.224.233: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=54

Reply from 74.125.224.233: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 74.125.224.233:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 30ms, Average = 18ms

C:UsersCory>

Lou Marcus>Results are fine. Perform Traceroute test and provide me with the results.

Lou Marcus>Are we still connected?

Cory_>Yes. I'm performing the test again. It didn't copy correctly

Lou Marcus>Okay. Take your time.

Cory_>Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:UsersCory>tracert google.com

Tracing route to google.com [74.125.224.166]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 As you are using WiFi, you cannot experience ideal 30 Mbps.

Cory_>Hardlined in.

Lou Marcus>Try to check the speeds after rebooting cable modem, router in order.

Cory_>The download speed varies and I understand that. I have seen speeds of 30, although I rarely do. What I am most concerned about is that I have never seen speeds above 1.82 Mbps.

Cory_>I've done that about 3 or 4 times today. It does not help.

Cory_>I've done it countless times before today. It did not help then, it will not now.

Cory_>I've also tried reversing the cat5 wires, does not help

Cory_>I've tried service tech's coming out here. They don't know what the problem is.

Cory_>No one can help me and I just want a price break because I have not seen the speeds that I am paying for.

Lou Marcus>Log in to router settings page and change the bandwidth.

Cory_>*upload speeds above 1.82Mbps

Lou Marcus>Change the bandwidth to 40.

Lou Marcus>I will provide you with the steps to log in to router settings page.

Lou Marcus>Provide me with the make and model of the router.

Cory_>Netgear 3700

Cory_>I'm trying to find the gateway. I can never remember.

Lou Marcus>Type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of the Internet Explorer and hit Enter.

Cory_>thats the gateway for the cable modem I have.

Cory_>Motorola.

Lou Marcus>Yes.

Cory_>so you'd like me to get into the modem, not the router?

Lou Marcus>You can check the gateway by performing ipconfig on command prompt.

Lou Marcus>Step 1: click on start

Step 2: click on Run

Step 3: type "cmd" without any quotes and hit enter

Step 4: you will get a black window

Step 5: type "ipconfig /all" without any quotes and hit enter.

Cory_>Ok, I'm in my netgear router

Cory_>Do you mean I should change my bandwidth to 40 on my wireless connection?

Lou Marcus>Yes.

Cory_>I've changed both wireless frequencies to 54Mbps (the minimum)

Lou Marcus>Great!

Lou Marcus>Click on Apply.

Cory_>Done and it's restarted

Lou Marcus>Okay.

Lou Marcus>After if restarted, check the speeds.

Cory_>26.71 down, 11 ping, 1.62 up

Lou Marcus>I see that the signals to your cable modem are fine.

Lou Marcus>To isolate this problem, I want you to connect the computer directly to cable modem and check the speeds.

Cory_>I've done this. There is no change. The max upload speed I've ever seen in any configuration is 1.82.

Cory_>The service tech came out here and confirmed this.

Lou Marcus>Did you connect to cable modem directly?

Cory_>from the cable modem to the computer.

Cory_>yes.

Cory_>and the tech did as well when he was here.

Cory_>I've been through all the diagnostics you can think of. The tech checked my computer, router, modem and the outside connections. It should be documented.

Cory_>At this point, all I want is either for it to be resolved or a price break.

Lou Marcus>Email this problem to customercare.ndc.rr.com

Lou Marcus>customercare.ndc@rr.com

Cory_>I've already done that. you have the address wrong. its

Cory_>yea. taht

Lou Marcus>They will resolve the problem.

Lou Marcus>And also call the local office.

Cory_>nope, still not that. its customercare@ndc.rr.com

Lou Marcus>customercare@ndc.rr.com

Lou Marcus>Thank you.

Cory_>So I am obviously not getting the speeds that I am paying for. I should be credited something for this account.

Cory_>I have had to deal with this for about 3 hours today. I don't want to have to spend any more time on this issue. Can I please just get a credit for now. I will deal with more tech issues later.

Lou Marcus>Your problem will be resolved if you send an Email and call the local office.

Lou Marcus>We support Internet and Email technical issues. I will transfer this chat to billing department if you like.

Cory_>I've already sent an email with this chat log. I was offered a credit earlier in the chat log.

Cory_>Please just make good on the offer and credit the account.

Lou Marcus>I will transfer this chat to billing department, okay?

Cory_>Sure.

Lou Marcus>Please wait while I transfer this chat.

Lou Marcus>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Sharon>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Sharon. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

Sharon>Hi Cory! I understand that you are facing slowness issue with your internet service.

Cory_>Hi Sharon. I have been through quite a bit today. I am just looking for a credit to my account. I have not seen the promised speeds that I am paying for and I am hoping that you can give me a price break here.

Sharon>I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Sharon>Please give me a moment while I check your account.

Cory_>The slow speeds have persisted since the account was set-up.

Sharon>I would like to resolve the issue first so that you can enjoy the services better.

Cory_>Thanks.

Sharon>You're welcome!

Sharon>We would need to troubleshoot this issue to resolve it as soon as possible.

Sharon>Just to confirm, are you at home at present?

Cory_>Home, yes.

Cory_>I have troubleshooted this for the last 3 hours with 8 other representatives.

Sharon>Thank you for confirming.

Cory_>I really don't feel like running more diagnostics.

Sharon>Okay.

Cory_>If you'd like to see the speeds, I can send you this chatlog.

Sharon>I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have faced today, Cory.

Sharon>I would need to transfer our chat to next level of technical support so that it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Cory_>NO!

Sharon>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Cory_>nononon

James Ruffalo>Hello! Thank you for choosing Road Runner Internet Technical Chat Support. My name is James Ruffalo. I will help you.

James Ruffalo>Hello Cory

James Ruffalo>Go head with your question

Cory_>James, I need to be sent to billing. I have a technical issue and i have been through 9 representatives. All I need is a credit to my account because I am not seeing the speeds that I have been paying for.

Cory_>I was just in billing. I don't know where this ticket has been escalated to now.

James Ruffalo>You are connected to internet technical support department

James Ruffalo>Let me know are you experiencing slow speeds ?

Cory_>This account needs to be credited for insufficient speeds.

Cory_>Since day 1.

James Ruffalo>Okay

James Ruffalo>Please give me a minute let me check and update you

Cory_>Service tech's have been out here to help, I have tried for hours for people to help online. No one has been able to fix it.

Cory_>I just want a credit to the account.

James Ruffalo>Thank you for your time and patience

James Ruffalo>I have checked all your chat transcripts and you have done with the trouble shooting steps

Cory_>Hahaha! Yes, I have!

James Ruffalo>I will help you by transferring the chat to respective department please be online

Cory_>I'm glad you looked!

Cory_>Not many other reps have.

Cory_>Thank you.

James Ruffalo>Yes and we are sorry for the inconvenience

James Ruffalo>Welcome

James Ruffalo>Please be online

James Ruffalo>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Josh>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Josh. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

Josh>Please accept my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory customer service you have experienced with Time Warner Cable.

Cory_>Thank you for the apologies

Josh>You are welcome.

Josh>Please give me a moment while I check your details.

Josh>Thank you for your patience, Cory. Could you please tell me are you at home right now?

Cory_>Yes. Please check the log before you have me do any diagnostics. I have done diagnostics for the last 3 hours. Any information you need should be here.

Josh>Thank you for the information.

Josh>Please give me a moment while I transfer your chat to our technical department. They'll assist you to solve your speed problem.

Cory_>NONONNOOOOOPO

Cory_>kja;lkjdsofja

Cory_>Please dont

Cory_>I need billing

Cory_>Hello?

Josh>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Cory_>NOOOO

Cory_>DO NOT TRANSFER ME

Analyst has left the room. Your problem is being escalated to another analyst

Yalena>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Yalena. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

Cory_>Sure.

Yalena>Thank you for sharing your concern with me. Please allow me a moment while I gather the information.

Yalena>http://www.timewarnercable.com/socal/learn/hso/speedtest.html

Yalena>Please click on the above link and check the speed and let me know once you are done.

Cory_>speed tests always yield the same result. d/l varies, but is steady around 28, ping is around 11 and upload never exceeds 1.82Mbps.

Yalena>Thank you for the information.

Yalena>In that case I would need to transfer you to our specialized department. They will definitely help you with your concern. Please be online.

Cory_>Yalena, this problem has been attempted to be resolved for the last 3+ hours. I am convinced that tech support will not

Cory_>non

Cory_>NO

Cory_>I need billing

Cory_>Do not disconnect.

Yalena>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Cory_>NO

Cory_>Hi james. They keep sending me back to tech support

Cory_>we were just talking

Cory_>This has just been a nightmare.

James Ruffalo>Please give me a minute

James Ruffalo>Cory

James Ruffalo>We are really sorry for the inconvenience

James Ruffalo>I understand how frustrating it would be

Cory_>I'm not sure I understand how frustrating it is.

James Ruffalo>You have been transfer to the internet technical chat support again

Cory_>I gathered that by seeing your name again. I'd like to go back to billing, but anyone I see there just transfers me here without my consent.

James Ruffalo>Cory don't you worry I will get it done for you by transferring the chat to billing department and get it done for you

Cory_>That would be lovely.

James Ruffalo>I will make a note of it and see that not transferred again

James Ruffalo>Please be online

James Ruffalo>Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Sherry>Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable. At the end of our chat you will be given the option of taking a brief survey. My name is Sherry. Please give me a moment while I access your account.

Cory_>Thank you Sherry.

Sherry>You're welcome.

Sherry>I understand that your issue for Internet Speed is resolved. Correct?

Cory_>Incorrect but irrelevant. All I need at this point is a credit to the account as I have not been experiencing speeds that I have been paying for.

Cory_>I do not need to be transferred back to tech support.

Sherry>Please allow me a moment to check the account details.

Cory_>I need billing's help to find a solution to insufficient data speeds. This has been an ongoing problem since the account was opened and has been documented as such.

Sherry>I am just looking through the notes.

Cory_>Sorry for the paranoia, you are the 12th or so representative I have talked to and I would prefer to stay in billing.

Sherry>Cory, I understand how frustrating it can be. I would have felt the same.

Sherry>Please accept our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory customer service you have experienced with Time Warner Cable. Please be assured we always have the best of intentions when serving our customers, unfortunately, from time to time, these efforts do not come to fruition.

When you do not receive the level of attention you deserve, our entire team is dedicated to correcting the problem, and making sure it does not happen again. We will be sure to share the poor experience you encountered with our entire team so that everyone re-focuses on the importance of providing quality customer service.

Cory_>Great. Thanks.

Sherry>You're welcome.

Sherry>Cory, let me share some more information before I can go ahead and issue credit on the account.

Cory_>Please go ahead.

Sherry>I understand that you are facing the issue of slow speed since you have signed up. Correct?

Cory_>Correct.

Sherry>May I know what is the speed that you are getting?

Cory_>Down is roughly 25Mbps and upload is never more than 1.82

Sherry>As you are currently signed up for Extreme Internet, which provides download speeds of up to 30 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 5 Mbps.

Sherry>The speeds that you are getting is above the speeds available with our Turbo Internet Package. Turbo Internet gives up to 20 Mbps of download and up to 2 Mbps of upload speed.

Sherry>Since you are getting the speed that is above Turbo Internet, I will be able to go ahead and issue you credit worth the difference of Turbo Internet and Extreme Internet.

Sherry>I can issue the credit for 2 months, which comes to $20.

Sherry>You will be able to see the credit on your next monthly statement.

Cory_>Ok then.

Sherry>Please give me a moment while I go ahead and make the adjustments on the account.

Sherry>Thank you for your patience, Cory. Your account has been credited for $20.95. You will be able to see the credit on your next monthly statement.

Sherry>Do you have any other questions or concerns that we can assist you with today?

Cory_>No, I think that's all.

Sherry>You have been a wonderful customer. I really appreciate your time and patience.

Sherry>Please fill the survey at the end of the chat. It will help us to improve services for valued customer like you.

Chat

Had an Experience with Time Warner Cable?

Comments

You Are The MOST patient man in the world.My head would have exploded.

PS: your modem will work anywhere in the TWC system so if you have a friend that lives further than say half a mile away and has TWC see if you can try hooking up your modem there and testing it again. If it works fine then you may have a wiring issue or a plant issue. your upstream channels usually run 20-50mhz and are sensitive to RF "noise" which can be present in both.

Make sure your TWC D3 Modem is setup in "bridge mode" if its one with a built in router.you can check by plugging directly into the modem and doing the ipconfig again.

if your ip is a 192.*.*.* its not even if theres no wifi. Contact tier 3 to resolve that. you could be getting some overhead if your passing through 2 routers. Also use a speedtest.net or testmy.net instead of the twc supplied link.

If you are having issues with the prompts or buttons disappearing on the speed test interface, almost all of them are Flash based, you could be having an issue with flash itself.

Also try on multiple pc's, sometimes even though the computer seems to be running fine there could be something bogging down the OS.Good Luck :)