1.1
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 28, 2017

This has been reported to the Better Business Bureau

Update by user Jan 28, 2017

Not only have I been charged with upgrades I never asked for I was told there was a free upgrade in my area last spring. Nothing is free with Time Warner Cable.

The bill I received this January is another unasked for $10.00 monthly upgrade. A bill paid by phone in July of 2016 wasn't taken out of my checking account. Recently when calling customer service they said I had called about my bill in July, since I called about the bill being a few dollars difference, therefore I paid a bill they did not take out of my checking account. Due to their mistake, I was told they would deduct the late fees.

Only one was deducted. On January's bill there is a past due amount of 23.50 all in late fees plus Decembers bill was paid early and in full and should have been a 0.00 balance, yet there is another 7.50 in late fees on January's bill. I've never had any cable or electric services disconnected, but in December my cable was disconnected due to their mistake in July with a $10.00 Equipment re-activation fee on January's bill. If they had not made a mistake in July, there would not have been late fees or re-activation fee.

After all was paid in December, I received an automated call from them at the beginning of January stating my services again would be interrupted if not paid. The amount not paid wasn't due until January 25th. As this board states I was pi**ed! When I called about this I then wanted to have my cable services disconnected.

I was told I could not have this disconnected until January of 2018. I called and talked to someone else in customer services who told me I could change my services whenever I wanted to. I had my cable cut off completely after that; only keeping my internet. With the bill increasing yearly, over 2 years ago I called to have my cable disconnected and keep only my internet.

I was told it would be the same price; therefore I was lied to, since I just currently did that. I spent hours on the phone with them on January 19, 20, and 23 making calls to their customer service department. I was told on January 19 that a supervisor would call me before the end of business day. When I called back the following day to state no one had called me back, I was hung up on 2 times.

I was told by one customer care representative that I could get the Spectrum internet at $44.99 with free modem instead of $59.99 plus modem cost. Getting reading to do that, I was told by another customer care representative that I could not. I'm being told something different from each person I talk to. I asked for another supervisor to call.

I've never had one supervisor call and do not expect to. All they can tell you is how sorry they are to hear that you've had poor customer care and that they don't want to loose your business, but do not do anything about it. Between the unasked for upgrades, late charge fees and re-activation fee because of a mistake they made, I'm at a loss of 405.00, plus too many calls made. Other than that I wouldn't have had my cable disconnected and if not resolved will have my internet also disconnected.

It's not worth it to have to call them so much with no results in getting your bills straightened out, being lied to and causing one big headache. I'm tired of fighting with this rip off company.

Original review posted by user Jan 23, 2017

I've been charged for upgrades for about 3 years that I've never asked for, only went from preferred cable to standard and never upgraded my internet but have been charged for it ever since. I've paid by phone in July and it wasn't taken out of my account.

I was charged late fees because of their mistakes. I've spoke to way too many customer service associates and get different answers and still my bill isn't corrected. I've been told I could change to another plan that is cheaper and then I'm told I can't. I've just recently cancelled my standard cable and going to cancel my internet services as well only because I've had very poor customer service from them.

I'm tired of fighting with them over the phone. I have no problem with any other services except time warner cable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Time Warner Cable Account.

I liked: Customer service.

I didn't like: Billing customer service upgrades.

Comments